MT5 For those who care about speed. - page 13

sion:
If you answer, I wonder what you mean by "the maximum frequencies will increase...", especially the dependence of these frequencies on the channel speed...?

I already wrote earlier...but in short: packets that go to the server via the internet are first transmitted in serial code (i.e. 1 bit each) over the network cable first to the modem (mine).The frequency of these bits is limited to the maximum frequency of the network interface-usually it is 100 mhz.

The transmission is long because the parameters are many-each digit takes 8 bits. This is why my computer can't receive more words per minute than this channel can pass through. Besides, in this packet I will need information about addresses and service information for controlling data integrity.

Besides I have not only to receive but also to send information to server via the same channel and while I send it I cannot receive - the channel is busy.

If I increase speed of my NIC and modem I can receive more words per minute, i.e. word hit rate from server will increase of course (if server is sending more words).

Further the same byada happens when these packets are transmitted from modem to provider of course not higher speed which he can provide.

And then the whole heap ( it is unknown which one is determined by routers) to broker's server ... and no one guarantees this delivery-maybe they lose it on the way ...

shelandr:

I already wrote earlier...but in short: packets that go to the server via the internet are first transmitted in serial code (i.e. 1 bit each) over the network cable first to the modem (mine).The frequency of these bits is limited to the maximum frequency of the network interface-usually it is 100 mhz.

The transmission is long because the parameters are many-each digit takes 8 bits. This is why my computer can't receive more words per minute than this channel can pass through. Besides this packet contains also addresses and service information for controlling correctness.

You can see how an adsl modem works with a phone line, your idea of internet speed will not be quite relevant. Also an option, there are ISPs with 1 and 50 mbps, both connected via a normal NIC, where is the frequency higher?

In general, it all comes down to the fact that you are ready to open protocols and do anything useless, instead of checking, admitting, at what speed the terminal communicates with the Internet (provider) and whether this is the problem.

shelandr:

In addition, I must not only receive but send the information to the server on the same channel and while I send it, I can not receive - the channel is busy.

If I increase speed of my NIC and modem I can receive more words per minute...so frequency of words from server will increase of course (if server is sending more words).

Further the same byada happens when these packets are transmitted from modem to provider of course not higher than those speeds which he can provide.

And then by whole heap (it is not clear which one - it is defined by routers) to broker's server... And nobody guarantees this delivery - they can lose it on the way...

There is a Full Duplex mode.

Actually how is it with your efforts to learn everything and everything? I'm wondering about tracing, etc., with an adsl modem at my side, it's an optimistic start)

shelandr: On a price movement the frequency increases to about 200 per minute - or 4-5 per second (don't think I'm converting minutes to seconds - it's a different relationship).

This should probably go into the annals. Unless there is an explanation.

If you mean that the tics go in packs, why didn't you say so in the first place? Because it may seem to neophytes that GTR effects are taken into account here...

shelandr:

While I am connected to MGTS (Moscow Zelenograd) on ADSL and take doubts because they promise 5 mbps for nreem and 0,7 mbps for delivery...-it looks like it sucks. Hrtya ping measurements give 6 ms. and speeds consistent with the claimed. Besides, we watch HD movies in live broadcast, and sometimes the speed is not enough (when I do not watch movies). I think, maybe a server should be built on incoming node, as network devices are not gigabyte ones and who knows how Lan ports are configured.

What kind of ADSL?

Maybe I'm too far behind the times, but for adsl'a ping is too small.

Check with traceroute to external from ISP servers.

(HD is not an indicator. It might not even be 10.)

Upd: ADSL is not for speed, but for reliability. For speed, opt for optical.

Silent:

Upd: ADSL is not held up for speed, but for reliability. For speed, opt for fibre optics.

Rather more affordable, optics will be much more reliable. I don't think the issue of speed has ever come up, the broker must have been slowed down a few times, and then the mess started.

Mathemat:

This should probably go into the annals. Unless there is an explanation.

If you mean that the ticks go in batches, why didn't you say so in the first place? Because it might seem to neophytes that GTO effects are taken into account here...

The point is not how the ticks go, but what is the minimum time between ticks - this is the maximum traffic load the system should be designed for (if anyone has calculated it at all (which I highly doubt).

A tick is when someone bought or sold at the exchange: if the price goes up, then bought, if dropped down-sold. Usually, if they start to buy, they buy ... if they start to sell, they sell. The picture depends on the instrument: oil is sleeping, for example. I work with Eurobucks - it is very fast.

If you measure ticks per second, it may be for example: 1.0.1,0,2,0,5,0,2,4,8,3,2,1........To get the average for the minute, add up 60 measurements and divide by 60.

How much do you get in the example? You can do the math and see for yourself that the peak load is greater than the average...

papaklass:

For speed, you need to host the robot on the site where the broker's server is located, rather than racking your brain with protocols.

It's understandable...but it's good to see what you can get from home and the operation of the programme itself is not yet transparent...

Silent:

What kind of ADSL?

Maybe I'm too retarded, but the ping is too low for an adsl.

Check with a traceroute to external servers from your ISP.

(HD is not an indicator. It might not even be 10.)

Upd: ADSL is held not for speed, but for reliability. For speed, choose optical.

Checked here.

Right now it's 18 msec.

Ping

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
  • www.speedtest.net
Test your Internet connection bandwidth to locations around the world with this interactive broadband speed test from Ookla

sion:
Rather more affordable, the optics will be more reliable. I don't think the issue of speed has ever come up, the broker must have had a few hiccups, and then the mess started.

ADSL hardly has any competitors by number of disconnections in a year, if you need 24/7. (There's a reason optics schedule outages on weekends. Because it's frequent).

It's like wired telephony - slow and reliable.

shelandr:

Measured here.

Now it's 18 msec.

At least choose a ping point outside the mcad...