[Trader's Handbook] Draft articles, "out of pocket" discussions - page 5

sergeev:
You didn't read it - I wrote "in MT4 you cannot put a limit in a zone that is known to be unprofitable for you".
You misunderstood, in your copy-paste it says (highlighted in bold there ) that it should be SellLimit > Ask, and it should be for MT4 SellLimit >= Bid.

In a good way, it is better not to copy theorists. But to ask practitioners to write. With all due respect to the forum members, there are very few hardened practitioners here. It is better if they write. And incomprehension develop in the form of questions, not arguments. For a known strong practitioner knows a lot more and deeper than what is written in most literature, which is where most of the knowledge is drawn from.

If I write something, it is not theoretical reasoning, but truth confirmed by extensive real experience. And it is 99% true.

I, for example, only know about options theoretically. So there will never be any desire to argue with a seriously practiced options trader, especially an algotrader in this thread. If I don't understand something, I will just ask. I recommend others to do the same.

You have to answer yourself which knowledge in your head is yours and which is imposed, which you believed when you read in many sources. Nothing you have written is anything you have read anywhere.

A100:
This is the reasoning of a theorist who only uses MT4/5. And it only holds true on the stock market, not forex.

:) thanks for the compliment.

I personally have written more than one FIX-gateway to banks (forex) and exchanges. Orders are poured on them as I said.

So before you fart in a puddle as a "theorist" make sure your words are adequate.

hrenfx:

In a good way, it is better not to copy theorists. It is better to ask practitioners to write.

I agree 100%.

hrenfx:

In a good way, it is better not to copy theorists. It is better to ask practitioners to write.

It is a good idea

Feel free to be wrong and admit your mistakes - it doesn't hurt :)

Contender:

Ideally, sending a SellLimit order at a price (let's call it the "order price") below the current Bid should result in immediate execution at the Bid price (if the required volume is there) or below, but not below the order price.

The order in the fast market should be filled at a price not lower than the order price or become a limit sell order (if the price has moved below the order price).

It's kind of obvious.

yes, it is

TheXpert:
Feel free to be wrong and admit your mistakes - it doesn't hurt :)
I wish somebody would point them out ), otherwise they'd look at you with a smart-eyed look and say nothing ))

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Traders Guide: Orders, Prices, Deposits, Funds, Currencies

hrenfx, 2013.05.30 12:45

P.S. Not a single trade on the exchanges. It's just that the algorithm for forming an exchange platform is a very special case of more complex platform-forming algorithms - decentralised markets (darkpools). I will write about it only when everything becomes clear about exchanges.
When > 30 people have no more questions, I will continue.

hrenfx:
When there are no more questions from > 30 people, I'll continue.
That's it. There will be no more.