[Trader's Handbook] Draft articles, "out of pocket" discussions - page 6

hrenfx:
When there are no more questions from > 30 people, I will continue.

Even in a class of 30, there will always be someone who doesn't understand something.

To find this out, you need practical exercises from the teacher. There is no way to check this in practice.

so I suggest we just move on. To present theory from practice.

People will gradually catch up in knowledge and practice.

As they say, seven don't wait for one.

abolk:
That's it. There won't be a sequel.
There will be. The eternal theme, the eternal questions. We'll get ang... We will, and we will!

abolk:
that's it. no more.
don't speak for everyone, yeah.)

sergeev:

As you can see, even in a class of 30 people there will always be someone who misunderstands something.

To find this out, you need practical exercises from a teacher. There is no way to check this in practice here.

so I suggest we just move on. To expound theory from practice.

People will gradually catch up in knowledge and practice.

As they say, seven don't wait for one.

Let's have a change then I have a question for you:

I'm interested in the life cycle of an order from the time the trader presses the buy/sell button to its execution and getting into the table of all trades (I use Quick TVS from there)

ZS: i.e. what instances (algorithms, blocks or whatever they are called) it passes through

sergeev:

:) thanks for the compliment

I have personally written more than one FIX-gateway to banks (forex) and exchanges. Orders are poured on them as I said.

So I didn't use your software

sanyooooook:

Let's have a change then I have a question for you:

Interested in the life cycle of an order from the press of the buy/sell button by the trader to its execution and getting into the table of all trades (I use Quick TVS from there)

SZZY: i.e. what instances (algorithms, blocks or whatever they are called) it goes through

Good question. I will put it in the title of the guide.

Online from Monday. Have a good weekend.

P.S. Good if there are any interesting questions.

gone to do my homework ))

hrenfx: ... The main users of market orders are meat.

1. The advantages of using limit orders when trading on a rebound/break/flop (decreasing position while maintaining the current trend) are obvious - practically fixing the execution (except for regressions) at the best price for the trader. But what about trading with a breakdown or a trend (increase in position while the trend continues). How in such a situation not to be meat, and avoid using market orders and increase position.

2. How to maintain/synchronously change a complex position which consists of several instruments (same synthetics) without using market orders?

GaryKa:

1. The advantages of using limit orders when trading on a rebound/break/flop (decreasing position while maintaining the current trend) are obvious - practically fixing the execution (except for regressions) at the best price for the trader. But what about trading with a breakdown or a trend (increase in position while the trend continues). How to avoid being meat in this situation, and avoid using market orders and increase position.

2. How can we maintain/synchronously change a complex position which consists of several instruments (same synthetics) without using market orders?

i think the first approximation is to use stoplist orders, although this does not provide the same guarantee of execution as a market order.