Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 62

For me, these spikes in volatility in the market are of little consequence, for some it could also be an unpleasant situation.

A video was uploaded last night. But I don't know what use it will be, it's already described in detail.

Greetings, just upgraded to build 1365. One question is not quite clear. If the broker didn't offer me an update, and a beta build is offered from the Metakvots server, then the innovations announced in the patch note won't "conflict" until the broker supports that particular build? Are there any possible bugs in this regard, what to look out for?

Respectfully.

All new versions are compatible with older servers.

ottenand:

For me, these spikes in volatility in the market are of little consequence, for some it could also be an unpleasant situation.

The video was uploaded last night. I do not know what use it will be, it has already been described in detail.

Acknowledgement. I have now noticed the same behavior on the real Otkritie. And there is another interesting feature. Bid and Ask move in the Depth of Market, but no deals are seen and the candlestick freezes on the chart. As soon as trades appear, the candlestick starts moving immediately (or vice versa).

Build 1340 x64. This candle opened at 17:30. Instrument RTS-9.16.

Are you aware of the pre-market?

Renat Fatkhullin:
Are you aware of the premarket?
Renat, it's not a pre-market) Have you seen my video above?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Confirmed. Similar behaviour has now been noticed on the real Otkritie. There is also an interesting feature. Bid and Ask move in the Depth of Market, but no deals are seen and the candlestick freezes on the chart. As soon as trades appear, the candlestick starts moving immediately (or vice versa).

Build 1340 x64. This candle opened at 17:30. Instrument RTS-9.16.

For stock symbols, candlesticks are built by Last prices: no deals - no changes of the candlestick. Bid and Ask prices changes, which are broadcasted in the chart, don't influence the candlestick's formation.

Rashid Umarov:
For exchange-traded instruments, candlesticks are formed by Last prices: no trades - no change in the candlestick. Changes in Bid and Ask prices, which are broadcast in the chart, do not affect the formation of the candlestick.
The trades occur in the Bid-Ask range, right?

The terminal has identified a problem with this. The display of the candlestick line with the candlestick construction and the bar is unable to cope with the load during high market activity, and stalls for several seconds until the activity subsides. The error has nothing to do with what you are writing. Can a trade occur outside of the spread? If there are no trades, then the candle will stand still, that's obvious. But if on a liquid instrument such as the RTS Index futures, for example, the market opens at 10.00, or news comes out with oil reports blowing up the market, then at that time the Last line and the bar of trades might just stop. And the Bid-Ask, that is, the spread, at this time accurately shows the current value, only it flies away already 1000 points beyond the candle. Gentlemen, do not be absurd. They are trying to help you to find errors. Everything has already been described and even shown on video.

Rashid Umarov:
For exchange-traded instruments candlesticks are built by Last prices: no trades - no change in the candlestick. Changes in Bid and Ask prices, which are broadcast in the chart, do not influence the formation of the candlestick.
I see what you mean and I am aware of the prices at which the candlesticks are built. But it seems very unlikely to me that bid/ask prices are moving lightning fast in both directions in the cup and there are no trades for more than a dozen seconds... Well, in that case, next time I will also look at the change in real volume.
ottenand:
There is a problem with this in the terminal. The display of the Last line with candlestick formation and Ribbon does not handle the load during increased activity in the market, and slows down for a few seconds until the activity decreases.

I am leaning towards the same opinion.