Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 4

Renat:

Great.

So you're not aware that demos on exchange feeds work with fake price feeds on separate virtual systems which never match the real ones? Exchanges almost never allow free use of their real feeds and history on demo accounts.

To be honest, I knew that on a demo, firstly there is a delay, secondly the price convergence is really not ideal due to the slowness of the response, etc. Also, I have never had a demo account on the stock exchange, so I am not an expert on demo life. I just thought that MT5 demo allows using the same quotes as for real, but now I will know it is not so. It turns out that I have to use MT5 only for real, to feel the difference of Quick Real.

Yedelkin:
Renat, I didn't intend to make any technical arguments about the pros and cons of the deal tape. I was only pointing out certain facts. But then an expert came along and said that no one works with ribbons at all. And in an admonishing tone of cerebral pondering. I briefly and politely replied about the uselessness of commenting on such statements. But this was not enough, and the expert continued making conclusions, this time about the level of my argumentation. Such a provocative post is to be either deleted or left along with my repeated response of a more detailed plan.

When one listens to "experts" one gets Quick and similar. For every other piece of advice from an expert is nothing short of "bang on the wall".

You need to have a completely different level of understanding in order to make popular systems. We have done it with forex, and now we are doing it with stock exchanges. Given the speed of our development, new functionality will appear every 2 weeks.

The trades feed is needed by a vanishingly small number of mass traders, strains servers, generates a lot of traffic, is poorly scalable and is sufficiently replaced by the analysis of the tick stream of changes in the cup.

C-4:
To be honest, I knew that on a demo, firstly there is a delay, secondly the price convergence is really not ideal due to slowness of response, etc. Also, I have never had a demo account on the stock exchange, so I am not an expert on demo life. I just thought that MT5 demo allows using the same quotes as for real, but now I will know it is not so. It turns out that I have to use MT5 only for real, to feel the difference of Quick Real.

Open a real account or attach MT5 to your account at Opening and give it a try.

Renat: When one listens to "experts", one gets Quick and similar. For every other piece of advice from an expert is nothing short of "bang on the wall".
Your position on this issue is clear. I would like to point out that I personally have not given any advice in this thread and have not stated my attitude to the ribbon at all. If you don't think it's necessary to implement it, so be it. Those who work with ribbon will continue to do so without any problems, as Sergeev pointed out.

C-4:
It is possible to make a market profile without using ticks, relying on M1 history. This profile will be 99.8% the same as the original one, but it will be at least an order of magnitude lighter. What can I say, for MetaTrader5 there was an article on the site a few years ago where the market profile is built on tick volumes (at that time there were no real volumes). And you say ticks.

Have you seen the M1 candlesticks on the RTS with a length of 1000 pips. And where to take the volume in them? Squeeze it in the middle? And this is not correct. It will not coincide in the most important places. Besides, on M1 you will never know if it was buying or selling. And if there is a strip of deals - you will understand from the fact whether the deal was done on bid or on ask.

sanderz: And if there is a tape of trades, you will know if the trade is at bid or ask.
Apparently, this kind of analysis will have to be done outside of MT5.

sanderz:

Have you seen M1 candles on the RTS from 1000 pips long. And where do you take the volume in them? To spread it in the middle? And this is not right. It will not coincide in the most important places. Besides, on M1 you will never know if it was buying or selling. And if there is a strip of deals - you will understand from the fact whether the deal was done on bid or on ask.

The first is a strong argument. Indeed the tape of deals allows you to see whether the deal was initiated by the seller or the buyer. But let's come at it from the other side. It is not a problem to accumulate ticks in EA during the day, it is possible to calculate the volume per tick too. Up tick is nothing else but buying on the market with the counterparty that has become a limit to sell, so the up tick was initialized by the buyer. Down tick is a sale on the market with a limit bid counterparty, so the dn tick was initialized by the seller. As we can see, by analyzing ticks we can completely reconstruct the table of all deals. Further, remember that the table of all deals is stored for exactly 1 day. Therefore, the question of how to accumulate and analyze information with the table of trades is not solved. We need the same methods of information processing and storage on the history as without the table of deals.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Виды заявок в стакане цен
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Виды заявок в стакане цен
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Виды заявок в стакане цен - Документация по MQL5

sanderz:

And if there is a tape of trades, you can tell if the trade is on bid or ask.

+1

You can see exactly where you entered the market in a long or short position

C-4:
First strong argument. Indeed the transaction feed allows you to see the initiator of the transaction, whether it was initiated by the seller or the buyer. But let's come at it from the other side. It is not a problem to accumulate ticks in EA during the day, it is also possible to calculate the volume per tick. Up tick is nothing else but buying on the market with the counterparty that has become a limit to sell, so the up tick was initialized by the buyer. Down tick is a sale on the market with a limit bid counterparty, so the dn tick was initialized by the seller. As we can see, by analyzing ticks we can completely reconstruct the table of all deals. Further, remember that the table of all deals is stored for exactly 1 day. Therefore, the question of how to accumulate and analyze information with the table of trades is not solved. We need the same methods of information processing and storage on the history as without the table of deals.

Is the up tick before the purchase or after?

Do you think that every purchase gives an up tick and every sale gives a down tick? That is not the case. Look, buy at 27.95 volume 48501. The next tick is at the same price, and the same buy, volume 3833. And the bid-ask prices after the last trade - did not change, as it was 27.93/27.95, and remains so.

You are writing something wrong. The price does not have to change when you execute a trade.

C-4:
The first strong argument. It is true that the transaction tape allows you to see the initiator of the transaction, whether it was initiated by the seller or the buyer. But let's come at it from the other side. It is not a problem to accumulate ticks in EA during the day, it is also possible to calculate the volume per tick. Up tick is nothing else but buying on the market with the counterparty that has become a limit to sell, so the up tick was initialized by the buyer. Down tick is a sale on the market with a limit bid counterparty, so the dn tick was initialized by the seller. As we can see, by analyzing ticks we can fully restore the table of all deals. Further, remember that the table of all deals is stored for exactly 1 day. Therefore, the question of how to accumulate and analyze information with the table of trades is not solved. We need the same methods of processing and storing information on history as without the table of deals.
Yes, I have already done a tick collector (by the way, on the last release there were differences from QUIK - not checked on this one). But most of the participants, though, are not intraday, and it is interesting to see their actions. The accumulated volume for a week, for a month, volumes from some period - that's what is interesting. In general, it is such a - cross-platform task. :)