mt5/mt4? - page 14

Silent:

MT5. two suppliers. it took a couple of minutes to search by hand. (10-13.2012)

The brokerage companies whose quotations would satisfy me have not been found at the moment.

I have already mentioned the number of instruments for market analysis.

About the number of tools to analyze the market has already been mentioned.

So?

So what. I use MT4 or a bourgeois rough platform (which, by the way, is also twenty years old). And that is all.

And the clouds and all that go with it.

This is a common thing in forex. Each broker has its own start of quotes on Monday and its own end on Friday. For example, FXCM starts their quotes when the session starts in Wellington or Australia, I forget where. So the quotes start quite early, as early as Sunday. Alpari and most other brokers cut these early quotes so that the first bar is always for example on Monday at 0:00. So these first prices in these brokers are simply missing. The end of quotes on Fridays and pre-holidays depends on when the broker decides to shut down his server. For example, it's Christmas time and somebody needs to go to the shop to buy presents, so he shuts down his server early and sniff while the quotes are still going. (This is a hint for those who want to use Fourier transforms and other mathematical stuff). Then there is also the confusion about the time on the server and the daylight saving time on that server and the daylight saving time of different forex sessions. Some servers go to daylight saving time, some do not. Some servers are in the northern hemisphere and some in the southern hemisphere. The sessions that start the weekly activity on forex somewhere in the southern hemisphere and their years are in the winter and the daylight saving time is in the opposite direction. Moreover, the summer time in the different countries is not the same for all the Forex sessions and the summer time in the different time zones. The same broker arbitrarily changes the server time and daylight saving time or refuses to change it at all. So the story turns out to be a mess (e.g. this is what happened at Alpari and FXCM). In general forex is a non-centralised mess. On the American exchange, everything is simple: the quotes start at 9:30 and end at 16:00 EST, regardless of the day of the year except weekends and holidays.

gpwr:

In forex it's common...

Thanks for the explanation. It doesn't answer the question of why MT5 has a ban on its history.

Silent:

Thanks for the explanation. It doesn't answer the question of why MT5 bans your history.

I don't understand that either. Just out of interest, where do you get your story? I scoured the Internet looking for good-quality history. At one time, Alpari and Dukascopi gave such a story, but not anymore. You can only buy it for money from some people.

gpwr:

I don't understand that myself. Just out of interest, where do you get your story? I scoured the internet looking for a good story. At one time Alpari and Dukascopy gave such a story, but not anymore. You can only buy from some people for money.

Well, we have to decide which ones we need and why.

For markup on D1, for example, I am satisfied with migbank's ones, there weekend is filled with candlestick, and the chart is closer to the calendar one. If you do not know what to do with it you may ask whether it is good or not.

The good thing is that you have to assemble them yourself.

gpwr:

I scoured the internet looking for a quality story. At one time Alpari and Dukascopi used to give such a story, but not anymore. You can only buy it for money from some people.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/5108#comment_407705 is possible here.
Влияние исходных исторических данных на скорость и точность тестирования.
Влияние исходных исторических данных на скорость и точность тестирования.
  • www.mql5.com
Единственный случай, когла модель "все тики" может оказаться не бессмысленной - это мультивалютная торговля.

gpwr:

I don't understand that myself. Just out of interest, where do you get your story? I scoured the internet looking for a good story. At one time Alpari and Dukascopy gave such a story, but not anymore. You can only buy from some people for money.

Silent:

Well, we have to decide which ones we need and why.

For markup on D1, for example, I am satisfied with migbank's ones, there weekend is filled with candlestick, and the chart is closer to the calendar one. If you do not know what to do with it you may ask whether it is good or not.

In a good way, you have to do it yourself.

I'm sorry, maybe I don't understand something ... but why do you think the Alpari quotes "do not exist now"? Do you mean that what is saved from mt5(attached is an example of yearly pound minutes) are not correct quotes?

Or do you mean tick quotes? Like these.

Deposit Files
Deposit Files
  • dfiles.ru
DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

Alex_Bondar:

I'm sorry, I must be missing something... but why do you think the Alpari quotes are "now gone"? Do you mean that what is saved from mt5(attached is an example of yearly pound minutes) is not a valid quote?

Or do you mean tick quotes? Like these.

Alpari used to offer 10 year quotes for free or so, minute quotes, five minute quotes etc. There is no such thing now. They've taken it off their website. What is downloaded with alpar's terminal is 1-2 years of history. The quotes from mt5 from metaquote are good enough for me, but I don't know where they are from. And I would like to test my system on many years of quotes from different brokers to check the stability.

gpwr:

Alpari used to offer free quotes for 10 years or so, minute quotes, five-minute quotes, etc. Now there is no such thing. They took it off their website. What is downloaded with alpar's terminal is 1-2 years of history. The quotes from mt5 from metaquote are good enough for me, but I don't know where they are from. And I would like to test my system on many years of quotes from different brokers to check its stability.

I see. And I was beginning to think that the ones from a year ago were inadequate.

Are the quotes from Ducas bad? I just tried to download 10 years of euras from there, they seem to be fine, you can download seconds and ticks there, if you have patience... What about their relevance to a real quote (what kind of "real"?), I don't know how to check, and even what brokerage company they belong to ... Do quotes without reference to a particular brokerage company make sense?

Deposit Files
Deposit Files
  • depositfiles.com
DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

Alex_Bondar:

Are the quotes from Ducas bad? I just tried to download 10 years of euras from there, they seem to be fine, you can download seconds and ticks there, if you have patience... What about their relevance to a real quote (what kind of "real"?), I don't know how to check, and even what brokerage company they belong to ... Do quotes without reference to a particular brokerage company make sense?

If anyone has a more in-depth history on EURUSD 1M from ducas than 10 years, please send me one.