Metatester Agent on Windows Server 2008R2 - page 4

GoRo:

I've already re-set them several times...

they disappear...

They disappear because it looks as if more agents have been deliberately put on the same iron.

You have to unlink the hardware or software image configuration first.

GoRo:

I've already re-set them several times...

disappear...

Well then I think there are options to customise the OS: either reposition or sysprep with keys, might help.

Renat:

They are disappearing because it looks as if more agents have been deliberately put on the same hardware.

First of all, you need to unlink the hardware or software image config.

A week or two ago there was no such problem...In fact even in FAQ it is written that it is possible to put more agents, but their PR will fall down

How do I unbundle this config...?

fyords:
Well then I guess there are options to customise the OS: either reposition or sysprep with keys, maybe it will help.

It might help, but on some servers this is unacceptable...

GoRo:

How to decouple this config...?

Well, you can also try to change the parameters in the virtualization config(remembering to make either a template or a clone of the existing one, snapshot won't work):

uuid.location = ""

uuid.bios = ""

Sort of like you can delete these parameters, and at first startup the hypervisor will either add them itself or ask what to do.

Or just change a single letter.

fyords:

Well, you can also try to change the parameters in the virtualization config(remembering to make either a template or a clone of the existing one, snapshot will not work):

uuid.location = ""

uuid.bios = ""

It's like you can delete these parameters and on first startup the hypervisor will either add them itself or ask what to do.

Good advice, I'm trying it out...

fyords:

Well, you can also try to change the parameters in the virtualization config(remembering to make either a template or a clone of the existing one, snapshot will not work):

uuid.location = ""

uuid.bios = ""

It's like you can delete these parameters, and on first startup the hypervisor will either add them itself or ask what to do.

It won't work, it's already different on all machines

Renat, it is clear that these are different servers, PR is high, why delete?

GoRo:

Renat, it is clear that these are different servers, PR is high, why delete?

There are other variants to solve the problem?

GoRo:
Are there any other solutions to the problem?

Probably a dumb solution, but you could try migrating to a different host (cold migration).

If there is a different processor there.