Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 98

DmitriyN: All right, forget it. Math is here, physics is over, maths is coming up.

No, it's a half physics and half maths. I like both a lot.

By the way, I still have to go back to the carts problem - it's a bit unsolved, but it has to be solved.

Mathemat:

By the way, I still have to go back to the trolley problem - it's a bit unsolved, but it has to be solved.

Which one?

TheXpert:
Which one?

It is snowing (falling vertically). With very little friction, two identical trolleys roll with inertia. A mega-brain sits on each one. One constantly cleans the trolley of snow (shovels it to the side perpendicular to the trajectory of movement), the other does not. The trolleys gradually but slowly slow down from friction. The snow does not melt. The mega-brains are wearing tuluk and valenki, which don't allow any heat to penetrate. Which cart will go the furthest?

The beginning of the solution has been stated for the case without friction. But when friction starts, everything changes.

Mathemat:

MM acts as follows: first he calculates the "centre of gravity" (CG) of the flags using a formula known in physics, assuming that the masses of the flags are equal. Further on - by circumstances:

So what is known in physics about the centre of gravity of flags?

// (And what has centre of gravity got to do with them at all. Do they have to be weighed too? )) But that is another question.

MetaDriver:

So what is known in physics about the centre of gravity of flags?

You could replace it with the geometric centre for clarity. Or measure mass in units :)

TheXpert:

... Or measure mass in units :)

Now, when schools start teaching like that, we'll have a lot of mega-brains like that. ))

I have nothing against the author, I just saw the picture and laughed.

MetaDriver:

So what's the physics on the centre of gravity of flags?

// And what's centre of gravity got to do with it? Do they have to be weighed? )) But that is another question.

Imagine that they all weigh the same. There will be a geometric center of gravity. That's where the nerve of the triangle comes in.

Mathemat:
Well imagine that they are all the same weight. There will be a geometric t.C.T. That's where the nerve of a triangle comes in.

No, no. My imagination is running out today. How to find this mythical geometric centre? And does it coincide with the point obtained by averaging the coordinates?

Preferably with a proof or very obvious explanations.

// I'm particularly interested in this subject. You could consider it a separate task.

MetaDriver: No, no. My imagination is running out today. How to find this mythical geometric centre? And does it coincide with the point obtained by averaging the coordinates?

Preferably with a proof or a very obvious explanation.

This is the average of all coordinates, there is no need to prove anything.

And the centre of gravity is the same average, but weighted by masses.

MetaDriver:

No, no. My imagination's running out today. How do I find this mythical geometric centre?

In a bagel.)