Pure maths, physics, logic (braingames.ru): non-trade-related brain games - page 104

MetaDriver:
I demand an investigative experiment.

It's simple. Stand on your skateboard and throw a heavy object forward. Where will the skateboard go?

I crossed out part of the original post:

I remember ZExpert TheXpert saying that dumping the snow orthogonal to the motion gives some sort of momentum to the snow, which brakes the cart, as the MM who is dumping it pushes it against the motion.

What is crossed out is my speculation, not Andrew's thoughts.

The further development is this: the megamosk throws out an impulse per unit time, in some way equal to the incoming snow in the impulse equivalent. I am willing to substantiate this.

Mathemat:
It's simple. Stand on your skateboard and throw a heavy object forward. Where does the skateboard go?
Which way is forward? No, no, no, perpendicular to the traffic.

Mischek:
20 tons of snow to Moscow in August at your expense
vertical? and not to melt? :)

We didn't make it. Right.

Andrei was correct in saying that in the frame of reference associated with the cart, the snow does not throw out momentum. But in reality, in the Earth's system, the snow flies slightly forward, not strictly perpendicular as the cart drives. So throw a cigarette butt out of the car perpendicular to the traffic. It will fly forward as well.

Let's go back to the source material, so to speak.

"The vertical snow does not melt

When carts slide.

The mathematicians dig

Perpendicular snow..."

Here we see that the problem is not ambiguous and it is exclusively about perpendicular snow.

Mischek:

Let's go back to the source, so to speak.

Here we see that the condition of the problem is not ambiguous and we are talking only about perpendicular snow

Yes, the primary source is strong. But the perpendicular snow falls on the cart. I've written about dynamic pressure before, but no one has paid attention.

And it is ejected in the same way, but it takes away some of the momentum of the cart. Since the cart ends up being the same as it was, therefore what came in is ejected.

Need some maths?

Mathemat:

We didn't make it. Right.

Andrei was correct in saying that in the frame of reference associated with the cart, the snow does not throw out momentum. But in reality, in the Earth's system, the snow flies slightly forward, not strictly perpendicular as the cart drives. So throw a cigarette butt out of the car perpendicular to the traffic. It will fly forward as well.

You've got it.

Mathemat:

We didn't make it. Nah.

Andrei was right to say that in the frame of reference associated with the cart, snow doesn't throw out momentum. But in reality, in the Earth system, the snow flies slightly forward, not strictly perpendicular, as the cart drives. So throw a cigarette butt out of the car perpendicular to the traffic. It will fly forward as well.

Nah, it'll fly back through the back window and hit my mother-in-law in the eye.

I checked.

Mathemat:

The further development is this: the megamosk throws out an impulse per unit time, in some way equal to the incoming snow in the impulse equivalent. I'm willing to justify that.

It's not like that either. From the time the snow falls to the time of dumping (assuming dumping is instantaneous), the cart is also braked a bit by friction.

Mathemat:

Yes, the original source is strong. But perpendicular snow falls on the cart. I've written about dynamic pressure before, but nobody's paid attention.

And it is ejected in the same way, but it also takes some of the momentum out of the cart. Since the cart remains the same as it was at the end, therefore what came in is ejected.

Need some maths?

here it is. Not the same.

When it falls, the snow brakes the cart, but when it comes off, it doesn't.