Emergency at the MICEX RTS. A frenzied trading robot - page 7

sanyooooook:
What (concerning trading operations) cannot be implemented on it?
Everything is possible. But the language is lame. One need nothing but to work with arrays. I will say nothing about more complex structures. =)

Working with arrays is a matter of getting used to indexing.

ZS: Well, if everything that concerns trading operations can be realized, then how lame is it? I've got a good language with its own features, don't want to use it, write dlls in C++ and you'll be happy)

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

sanyooooook:

ZS: Well, if everything that concerns trading operations can be realized, then how lame is it? You don't want to use it, write your dlls in C++ and you'll be happy!)

That's what makes C++ a monster. There are thousands of hard-to-find potential errors in each construct.
Java and C# are many times better.

Taste is a matter of opinion, but so is taste.

sanyooooook:

One cannot argue about tastes; one likes what one likes.
This is not an argument about one's taste but a statement.
Development speed in C# and Java is several times higher.
Code readability is several times faster.

The code is several times more reliable.

It makes me cringe when I have to write in C++. But now I'm switching to alternative solution, using C# dlls.

mrProF:
It's not an argument about tastes, it's a statement.
C# and Java development speeds are several times faster.
Code readability is several times faster.

The code is several times more reliable.

It makes me cringe when I have to write in C++. But now I switch to alternative solution, use C# dlls.

Code speed is several times slower. And what's higher is questionable.

http://www.linux.org.ru/forum/development/4147618

http://www.opennet.ru/opennews/art.shtml?num=31114

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64q/benchmark.php?test=nbody&lang=all

Результаты теста скорости языков C++, Java, PHP, Ocaml, Perl, Python, Ruby...
Результаты теста скорости языков C++, Java, PHP, Ocaml, Perl, Python, Ruby...
  • sergem
  • www.linux.org.ru
Периодически появляются темы, в которых сторонники разных языков утверждают, что их языки быстрее/лучше. Захотелось это проверить. В паре тредов в качестве примера упоминались конкретные тесты. Их я и реализовал. Тест проводится на каком-либо примере, позволяющем проверить производительность в той или иной области. Реализация для каждого...

sanyooooook:

SZY: Well, if everything concerning trading operations can be realized, then how lame is it? You don't want to use it, write your dlls in C++ and you'll be happy!)

Well, you can call any kind of turing full language a normal language that way. Even some kind of brainfuck. =)

I've tried to get used to it. But when you see how easily and conveniently this is done in other languages, it sinks in. Anyway, now I'm using minimum of it and I'm happy. And even without DLL. Crutch through files, yes, but it's my own crutch. =)

If we are dreaming, we would like to have a trading terminal like this http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Languages_for_Call_Control. It has an API in 8 languages - choose your favorite (rather than a birdie "with its own features") and work. Or you can plug in your own 9-language. Which is also possible!

Brainfuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
brainfuck Paradigm(s) Appeared in Designed by Typing discipline Influenced by Usual filename extensions Urban Müller created brainfuck in 1993 with the intention of designing a language which could be implemented with the smallest possible compiler,2 inspired by the 1024-byte compiler for the FALSE programming language.3...

joo:

The speed of the code is several times slower, and what is higher is in question.

Don't fight, hot Finnish guys.

It's obvious from this discussion that each of you wants some kind of language 1. favourite and well-studied 2. common enough in the wild, not "birdy" for one generation of one trading terminal. But a fiver came along and brought a new bird language. =)

Ордерa, позиции и сделки в MetaTrader 5
Ордерa, позиции и сделки в MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Надежный торговый робот не может быть создан без понимания механизмов работы торговой системы MetaTrader 5. Клиентский терминал получает от торгового сервера информацию о позициях, ордерах и сделках. Чтобы правильно обработать эти данные средствами MQL5 необходимо хорошо представлять как происходит взаимодействие mql5-программы и среды исполнения терминала.

wise:

Don't fight, hot Finnish guys.

It's obvious from this discussion that each of you wants some kind of language 1. favourite and well-studied 2. common enough in the wild, not "birdy" for one generation of one trading terminal. But a fiver came along and brought a new bird language. =)

Ease of writing programs in one language or another, potential bugs, etc. - It's a subjective thing and depends on the professionalism of the programmer, you can argue until you have diarrhea. I personally like MQL5, I'm crazy about it.

But the speed of code execution is something that cannot be argued with - it's an objective characteristic, and C# and Java are not among the leaders here.

sanyooooook:

SZY: Well, if you can implement all that concerns trade operations, then how lame is it? I'm not saying that it's not a bad language, just use C + + dlls and you'll be fine.)

I agree with Sank.

To talk about the wretchedness of language, you only have to answer two questions:

1. What software is written in this language for a real task?

2. What parts of this software were difficult or impossible to implement in this language?

If the answer to question 1 is "it wasn't written" or "it's being written", any arguments concerning question 2 are meaningless and meaningless gibberish.

Personally, I have a very long term Expert Advisor, which is written in mcl4:

- it works in full automatic mode
- it works profitably
- opens and maintains up to 100 orders per day per symbol (not a Pips, medium term)
- one and the same Expert Advisor simultaneously works with 2 symbols (previously it was working with 4 symbols)
- besides maintenance of trade operations - quickly calculates and displays some statistical and reporting information on the chart
- the trade is real and the amount is not $ 100

And for all the time it's been running:

- nothing was found to suggest that the MQL4 language is poor or limited (for this class of tasks)
- nothing was found to suggest insufficient speed of data processing (for this class of the problem)