Is martin so bad? Or do you have to know how to cook it? - page 15

imho, martin can be used if:

Volume/SL, TP will be proportional and number of losing trades will not exceed the critical drawdown, but it is better to have a margin of 2-3 losing trades.

I concluded on the basis that if the previous trade closed with a loss of 50 pips, and I want to open the current one with a take profit of 10 pips, the volume should be increased 6-fold to cover the losses of the previous position, and if it will be a string of losses, then we are inevitable loss, so, imho, martingale relevant intraday, and preferably within-hours trades, scalping generally well, but DTZ can banned, + SL<=TP then the martin will work, but there is a problem that by opening a buy deal on AUDUSD, you can easily outperform many martingale strategies with the same risk, just by earning swaps

You can work with Martin, but only in a flat, but it is also important to set it, there is a Martin system, which at a drawdown start setting opposite orders, there are strategies that close the last order at a certain profit and if the price again touched the closed order, it opens again and so on many times, there are many strategies for Martin, most importantly do not be greedy and still understand that this is a risky strategy, and the income from it is not so and great.

shorohov:
It is possible to work with Martin, but only in flat conditions, but it is also important to set it up, there is a system of Martin, which at a drawdown start to expose the opposite orders, there are strategies such that the last order close at a certain profit and if the price again touched the closed order, it opens again and so many times, there are many strategies for Marting, most importantly do not be greedy and yet understand that this is a risky strategy, and the income from it is not so and great.

There are many different opinions. The most common is that the Martingale TS leads to a loss of the deposit.

But there are those who deploy a grid of orders and trade using this system.

My opinion - it depends on the size of the volume of open orders, and the size of the depo.

shorohov:
You can work with Martin, but only in the flat...

Why only in the flat? There are breakout (trend) and pullback (flat) strategies. Take a typical flat. If on a negative close an increased order is opened in the direction of the first order, then it is a rollback strategy (flat). And if in the opposite direction, it is a breakout strategy (trending).

Whether martin is good or bad is not a valid question at all - because there is not enough information to answer it.

For example, if a trading strategy needs an amount of 100 units, but the speculator trades only 50 and keeps 50 outside the trading system. Then here the drain and the use of the 2nd part of the funds - can be part of the trading strategy. And this trading strategy is almost similar to the following one: speculator trades 100 units, but after reaching 50% drawdown he closes all positions.

In this case - is it good or bad to lose? If it is a bad thing. What should we do with positions closing at a drawdown? After all, the drawdown and the closing of positions is a drain of funds.

So to judge whether martin is good or bad, without relation to the trading strategy - is futile.

There must be two things: 1) a reasonable trading plan and 2) a measure.

Everyone should be compelled to report in this thread.

TheXpert:
It should be compulsory to make everyone report in this thread.
Why? )))

tol64:
Why? )))
It's easy to see who's who.

TheXpert:
It's easy to see who's who.
Everything will happen on its own. The natural course of things. ))

There are two categories of people: those who are lucky and those who are not. People in both categories think that they are lucky because they are lucky (when they are) and that they are not (when they are not). It does not matter whether they are lucky or not and who thinks what, what matters is that the lucky one is envied by the others. But those who are lucky try something new, take risks. Those who aren't - don't. I mean, risk it or not? - That is the question. Those who don't take risks don't drink champagne, and those who take risks sometimes end up pissing champagne through a catheter...

Martini's the one.

I'm generally an ardent opponent of martins and think they always fail, it's just a matter of timing. But one thing happened here.

Recently I started to develop a system that relies on key levels, i.e. levels at which the price lagged in the past and levels from which it bounced. The fact that price delays or can change its direction at these levels is very appealing. I want to use it. I faced with the fact that I did not know how to place SL, because the levels have actually turned out to be very fuzzy. I decided not to place a stop, although it was against my rules. So, without realizing it I got my martin.

I have started testing and the results were very good, which surprised me. I`m now testing for 2012, I`m really curious where it will lose. If interesting I will post the results when I finish. The test will be a long one because we have to perform visualization and adjust the lines of these key levels and trend lines all the time. I still have not learned how to make analysis of trends and levels (although I have been writing Expert Advisors for 6 years). I searched for indicators and other mql codes that are able to determine the trend and these key levels correctly, but all I got was wrong... As for the forex robot, it may be an excellent forex broker or a forex broker, but I don't think so, because no robot can compare with trader's eyes and head.

I have not treated martingale method differently, maybe not as katygorically. After all, abolk correctly noted that any system will stop working sooner or later, in 5 years or 15 years, the world is changing. If it is not a Martin, it will lose gradually, and a Martin will lose instantly, the result is the same. What if you help the system? Analyze, think about and over time, gradually change some of the parameters on which the profitability depends. Sometimes you can make small efforts in order to have more or less stable income.