Is martin so bad? Or do you have to know how to cook it? - page 10

notused:

It does seem to be one after all. And it is profitable if most (with nuances that I'm too lazy to get into) of the losing streaks do not exceed 4 consecutive losses at a win rate of twice the initial bet.

Well, having 8 losses tells you that you should have had at least 45 times the equity of the initial bet.

That is, if there is a maximum series equal to eight losing trades and a maximum series equal to one profitable trade, it is possible to make profit using this method if the initial deposit is large enough? It is only necessary to calculate the risks and take into account the moment when the series of losing trades may be larger.

tol64:
That is, if there is a maximum series equal to eight losing trades and a maximum series equal to one profitable trade, it is possible to make a profit using this method, if the initial deposit size is sufficient? It is only necessary to calculate the risks and take into account the moment when the series of losing trades may be larger.
Imho: any system can be turned to profit, even if there are 100 losing trades in a row. The principle is the same - the worse is the system, the deeper is the drawdown and therefore a larger deposit is needed. There is a nuance here - will the system change its characteristics with time? If the answer is positive, we can fail because it can become so bad that our MM will not save it, we need to improve the MM again. And if we have built the system on pivotal market principles, the system will probably work long and stably.

220Volt:
Imho: any system can be pulled to the plus side, even if there are 100 unprofitable trades in a row. The principle is the same - the worse the system is, the deeper the drawdown is, therefore a bigger deposit is needed. There is a nuance here - will the system change its characteristics with time? If the answer is positive, we can fail because it can become so bad that our MM will not save it, we need to improve the MM again. And if we built the system on the core market principles, the system will probably work long and stably.
If statistics are constantly collected and analyzed we can avoid losing money simply by stopping trading to find a new strategy or replace it, if it already exists. Or just adjusting parameters. The results are not bad at high volatility markets. ))

tol64:
With constant collection and analysis of statistics, draining can be avoided simply by stopping trading to find a new strategy or a replacement if you already have one. Or simply adjusting the parameters. On highly volatile markets not bad results are obtained. ))
You may do it this way, but I personally believe in searching for the pivotal principles. And for that, first of all, all the indices must be removed from the chart to finally see the price :).

220Volt:
You could do that, but personally I'm all for finding the core principles. And for that, first of all, you need to remove all the indices from the chart to finally see the price :).
Yes. By parameters I meant MM, or ranges. Volatility is also a very flexible notion. But there can only be one indicator - the price. It moves on one principle - UP/DOWN. As if on a rod. That's philosophy. :))

Wangelys:
Excuse me, I was carried away in style of 18-19 centuries: "You, my dear, should entertain the townspeople with curious card opuses, while at a gambling table in a fair campaign for such liberties may be a bronze candlestick on the head (on its native, goddamn buggers!!!)".
And if it's a little simpler, then the question is: why display pictures that have no meaning? For example I did not see any initial deposit or time interval in the pictures, so one can make various conjectures (the only question is why?), maybe the MM system did not take a profit, but just gave a push before it died. You are talking to me in the realm of subjectivity ...
And speaking of the culture of communication, I'm convinced that it's mauvais ton to expose code in such a form, absolutely no enthusiasm to understand other people's "kurval and kurlot", when the author's thoughts on cleverness are not commented elementary (even if it is simple and short, I mean code)... All the more, there are enough good examples in this regard, t. that, culture is more the rule than the exception.
P.S. Nothing personal...

Don't make a mess of it, the pictures are clear as they are.

If you don't like it, copy and paste it to a styler and rename the variables however you want.

220Volt:

That's right all right, MM sometimes pulls the system. But that means the system is underdeveloped.

MM can be set to stat inputs. If there is a probability that the next input is bad it may be better not to do it.

Hence the moral if MM significantly changes the indicators of your system, it means it can be fine-tuned.

In fact, if the balance graph when working with one lot is equal to the logarithmic chart when working with lots of capital, your system is ready to use.

Urain:

Don't make a mess of it, the pictures are clear as they are.

The code can do whatever it wants, if you don't like it, just copy it, put it in a styler and rename the variables however you like.

Actually, in my above post I used the expression "communication culture"... But you are too vulgar.
You can do whatever you want with code and pictures, but if a person wants to show something to illustrate his thought, it's logical that the illustrations should be meaningful and understandable (after all, he didn't post code with a request to help him understand it...), all the more so because the author shouldn't make any special effort to do it.
I prefer to do more familiar things on a forum - read, think, talk to intelligent, knowledgeable (if I'm lucky) people,
but activities like "...as he wants so... and other styler-type stuff" adds neither intelligence nor knowledge, so I'm not interested.

Wangelys:
Actually in my post above I used the expression: "culture of communication"... And you're being rude for some reason.
You can do whatever you want with code and pictures, but if a person wants to show something to illustrate the thought expressed, it's logical that the illustrations should be meaningful and legible (after all, he did not put the code with a request to help understand it...), all the more so that no special effort is required from the author to do it.
I prefer to do more familiar things on a forum - read, think, talk to intelligent, knowledgeable (if I'm lucky) people,
but activities like "...as he wants so... and other styler-type stuff" adds neither intelligence nor knowledge, so I'm not interested.

The flounces, the plushies, but the essence is there.

One shared his thoughts, described the idea and attached the implementation (somewhere a bit crooked, but the essence is visible).

The second is all in bows, with a sword encrusted with brulike, lambasted the idea on the grounds that the bow is not tied so.

Have you ever heard of multiculturalism?

The slang expression "don't be a humpback" is a legitimate expression of one of the subcultures.

I used it to emphasize that the essence is not about frills. If you express it in French, it won't change.

And if there is no sense, then no trinkets and bows will not help.

Urain:

The flounces, the plushies, but the essence is there.

One shared his thoughts, described the idea and attached the implementation (somewhere a bit crooked, but the essence is visible).

The second is all in bows, with a sword encrusted with brulike, crazed the idea on the grounds that the bow is not tied so. (where did he shout down the idea?).

Have you ever heard of multiculturalism? (Once upon a time in the first grade a teacher explained that the form of politeness "you" is spelled with a capital letter, or is that not what you are asking?)

The slang expression "don't be a crook" is a legitimate expression of one of the subcultures.

I used it precisely to emphasize that the essence is not in the frills. You can express it in French, it won't change. (Maybe it would make sense to have a forum section for those who express themselves using only swear words - the point will be made anyway).

And if there is no sense, no trinkets and bows will not help.

The third put everyone in their place and taught them how to live...

Wangelys:
The third one put everyone in their place and taught them how to live...
To each his own.