Is martin so bad? Or do you have to know how to cook it? - page 2

In general, Martin is a very, very simple and clumsy technique from Money Managementa. It was his "invention" that started my introduction to MM and RM. Further - what is risk? What is the risk of a position? What is an increase in equity? Does a position need to be split into trades? Do we need stops? What is everyone looking for and what do I need?

But don't reject martin from the start, just don't use it until you understand the concept of risk and how to manage it.

Что все ищут? - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Что все ищут? - MQL4 форум

Here comes the great martin on five )

Mischek:
So the great martin has moved on to a five )
Who's next I wonder? )))

tol64:
Who's next I wonder? )))
I know who, what to think )))) but we'll have to wait... hehe ;)

TheXpert:
I know who to think ))) but we'll have to wait... hehe ;)
It'll probably be LOVE. )))

tol64:
Maybe you mean 50-100 pips with the old ones? ))
GaryKa:
Uh-huh ))) and the yield level will reach bank deposits, with the same risk of getting the final los

No, what I meant was 500-1000 bp old.

Buy now for example USDJPY or GBPJPY (SWAP positive) with 0.01 lot and put a Buy limit every 500 pips to double.

"An Expert Advisor should not be initially a losing one, otherwise it will only accelerate losing.

Martin can only be used as an addition to an already profitable TS to minimize losses. In this case, it is necessary to observe money management. That is, you need to determine the possible number of losing trades in a row and calculate the possible drawdown in such a scenario. And then decide: what part of the deposit you are ready to risk in order to finish the Martin principle.

I suggest that you only use the martin principle when the probability of winning the next trade increases. And this probability must be justified not only by the probability principle, but the TS itself must assume that after each losing trade, the probability of a profitable trade is much higher. How to implement this is another matter.

jaguar:
Bullshit.

Firstly: You should never use martin (and other strategies with radical lot increase).
Secondly, if you have nothing to do and want to one "beautiful" day drain the entire depo using a martin, then the most important thing for him is to minimize the series of losses.

I have tried martin programming in various strategies and have come to the conclusion that there is no significant money to be made with it, and the risk of using it can eat up the entire depot.