Has anyone wondered why and how much the trend building "walks"? - page 8

Silent:

Who can comment on this? Could this be the source of the problem?

I don't think so. What difference does it make what is the pixel size?

The price and time for each of the two anchor points are stored for the line. They have nothing to do with pixels.

Imho, just a botched attempt to explain the above bug.

Silent:

Is refusing to scale a principle position?

What does it mean to refuse scaling? Explain, it's not at all clear what you mean.

In short, it doesn't matter what scale -- hard or not, it still walks. Just checked.

TheXpert:

1 Unlikely. What difference does it make what pixel size?

For a line, price and time are stored for each of the two anchor points. They have nothing to do with pixels.

Imho, just a lame attempt to explain the above bug.

2 What does it mean to refuse scaling? Explain, it's not at all clear what you mean.

1 I see, not it.

2 In chart properties - scaling in pips per bar, a new feature (not present in mt4), is in fan and arcs. If you use it, then the problem sort of stops being relevant, everything becomes hardwired.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Свойства графиков - Документация по MQL5

TheXpert:

Anyway, it doesn't matter what scale -- hard or not, it still sticks. I just checked.

Hmm. How did you check? I just have everything drawn dragging around the window, nothing sticks...

TheXpert:

For the line, the price and time for each of the two anchor points are stored. They have nothing to do with the pixels.

Stop. It's not between the anchor points (the segment), but beyond the second anchor point. I.e., each next point is calculated, right? That's where the error accumulates.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Способы привязки объектов
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Способы привязки объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Способы привязки объектов - Документация по MQL5

Silent:

Set hard, in points per bar. Does it keep changing? I don't.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I'm suggesting a solution. I'm fine with it.

Now TF on H4 and look at a 300-400 bar history.

Comfortable?

Silent:

1 I see, not it.

2 In chart properties - scaling in pips per bar, a new feature (not present in mt4), is in fan and arcs. If you use it, the problem sort of stops being relevant, everything becomes hardwired.

2. there is "fix scale 1:1"

sanyooooook:

and now TF on H4 and look at a 300-400 bar history.

Is it convenient?

Personally, I don't care. I use my own markers and charts for TFs, and do not use H4 at all.

LOL, caught these divergences, played with zoom and screen resolutions(including reloading), wanted to capture, all normal again.

Maybe trending when restarting the terminal somehow binds to other points, how to catch it dunno.

Silent:

Personally, I don't care. I keep my own markups and charts for working timeframes, and I don't use H4 at all.

Then don't offer something you don't use)

sanyooooook:
Don't suggest something you don't use )

Initially, it was about the customer's problem, if you remember. I suggested some kind of solution. I am using this solution myself, though to a limited extent, I don't switch the TF :)

I'm done with all this rubbish, scaling in general is a somewhat abstract topic.

(But it has an ideological basis ;)