Interesting and Humour - page 2633

Karputov Vladimir:

If there is no Windows, what will we do?

There will be DOORS )))

Alexey Busygin:

In essence the guidance is the same in both, laser is not sure it will burn through, nowadays they make such composite materials that you can't take them by temperature. But super sonic missiles will intercept the target for sure

They are supposed to have something more effective than a laser, a heavy particle emitter. But they keep this a secret, but periodically demonstrate the operation of this ITH

But bollocks... Even air-to-ground SAMs don't fly straight to their targets, not to mention actively manoeuvring air-to-air and anti-aircraft missiles. And lager just point directly and fire.

On the other hand, a laser beam will burn through ANY material, but only if it reaches the target, which could easily be interfered with by even a slight haze that one sometimes does not even notice. Same problem with particle accelerators - the atmosphere will slow the particles down and swallow them up within a dozen meters, severely X-raying the shooters. For the same reason nobody will make spherical lightning throwers and similar to them plasma guns (from the weakest wind they are deflected where it is not necessary), X-ray machines and other "death rays". All of these are more or less usable only in space.

Vitalie Postolache:

But bollocks... Even air-to-ground SAMs do not fly straight to their targets, not to mention actively manoeuvring air-to-air and anti-aircraft missiles. And lager just point directly and fire.

However, a laser beam will burn through ANY material, but only if it reaches the target, which can be easily interrupted even by a light haze, which you might not even notice sometimes. Same problem with particle accelerators - the atmosphere will slow the particles down and swallow them up within ten meters, inflicting hard X-rays on the shooters themselves. For the same reason nobody will make spherical lightning throwers and similar to them plasma guns (from the weakest wind they are deflected where it is not necessary), X-ray machines and other "death rays". All this is more or less only useful in space.

Well, OK with the laser - you didn't see that video I posted here a couple of pages ago, but at least don't take the particle accelerator lightly! Protons accelerated to6.5 teraelectronvolts and "absorbed by the atmosphere" is something....

Дмитрий:
Well, OK with the laser - you didn't see that video I posted here a couple of pages ago, but at least don't take the particle accelerator seriously! Protons accelerated to6.5 teraelectronvolts and "absorbed by the atmosphere" is something....
Do you know the size of that accelerator? Can you tell me how much energy it consumes? Well, read about braking of high-energy protons and what it does, too. And they are braked by everything that is in the atmosphere, and there is some, don't doubt, we are not talking about a slingshot to fire at ten meters, but about efficient firing at least for tens of km. There will be nothing left from the beam of accelerated particles at such a distance, believe me.

What a bunch of Einsteins!

Дмитрий:
Well, OK with the laser - you didn't see that video I posted here a couple of pages ago, but at least don't take the particle accelerator seriously! Protons accelerated to6.5 teraelectronvolts and "absorbed by the atmosphere" is something....
It is only because of this "something" that organisms exist on earth.

Rustamzhan Salidzhanov:
it's only because of this "something" that organisms exist on earth.
thanks to what?

Дмитрий:
thanks to what?
magic, it's all thanks to magic! )