Interesting and Humour - page 4190

transcendreamer:

You can already tell from the cover of the book that this content is nothing more than conspiracy theories of a crazy woman:

Although who knows, maybe it's true that the priests of the Abrahamic religions are really werewolves in some figurative sense.

1. it's a book, not a sign, so you should read the text, not the title.

2) This book is for those who know that Catholicism is a heresy in the religion of Christianity and that heresy has been fighting against Orthodoxy for more than 1000 years. The book assumes some level of culture and just knowledge.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

...This book is for those who know that Catholicism is a heresy in the religion of Christianity and this heresy has been fighting against Orthodoxy for over 1000 years. The book assumes some level of culture and just knowledge.

Mr. SanSan, let me remind you that there are 2.5 billion Christians in the world:

over 1.2 billion. - Catholics;
about 800 million are Protestants;
about 320 million are Orthodox;
about 170 million other Christian groups.

Assuming that you, Mr. SanSanych, have some level of culture and mere knowledge, I admit that your comment about Catholicism is made in the heat of the moment.

An old tale, a bit on the subject of centralising digital information and consolidating everything into a big digital database.

Once upon a time there was a king. He lived well, but he wanted to live even better. He decided to buy up all the local forges, factories, and other craft businesses to collect profits and tribute from them. People became indignant - "we were already living in poverty, the king was begging us for tribute, and now we can't even create our own industry - the king will take it away at once". The people revolted. It is not right - the king thought, and decided to put his subordinates at the head of the conquered enterprises, so as not to show people his name. Everything was going well for the king, he bought most of the handicraft companies and built himself a country farm, but he made the lives of ordinary peasants worse with his enormous extortions. He started to send heralds all over the country with pleasant news to cheer people up with untrue news about the situation in the kingdom, to make them think that everything is fine. But heralds and singers were too clever to bring the news of the real situation in the kingdom with carrier pigeons, and they sang songs about true events all over the country. The king did not like it. He created a register of postal pigeons, and ordered to catch all, and to destroy the mail sent by pigeons unregistered. The owners of such pigeons were tracked and punished, so that others would not be punished. And if some cutie-pigeon invented a new way of news exchange, he would register that person in a special service, and demanded full access to news he was sending.
The king was better off, he had a mountain of gold coins, and he had information about any person at the snap of his fingers to punish anyone who spoke against him. The end.

Dr. Trader:

An old tale, a bit on the subject of centralising digital information and consolidating everything into a big digital database.

It's the first time I've heard such a tale in my lifetime.

No, Doc, your neural net just made that up. Did you get it?

No, it was the children at a matinee, I don't know where they got the tale. I don't remember the sketch exactly, but it was kind of similar, I even liked it in some ways.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

1. this is a book, not a sign, so one should read the text, not the title.

2) This book is for those who know that Catholicism is a heresy in the religion of Christianity and this heresy has been fighting against Orthodoxy for over 1000 years. The book assumes some level of culture and just knowledge.

Many books should not be read just by looking at the cover, and certainly if one manages to see a video recording where the author is inadequate little more than completely, then one should certainly not...

By the way, no specific talking points for a substantive discussion of the subject? (expectedly not).

As for heresy it is very funny to hear, for some reason I am not surprised, as representatives of Abrahamic religions of different confessions traditionally hate each other...

Especially it is funny to hear it considering that Catholicism is, for a second, the most numerous confession in Christianity, how it can be a heresy, well it as absolutely delirious...

But any religion is harmful because it blinds and robs you of your critical judgement...

Pavel Gotkevitch:

SanSanych, let me remind you that there are 2,5 billion Christians in the world:

over 1.2 billion. - Catholics;
about 800 million are Protestants;
about 320 million are Orthodox;
about 170 million other Christian groups.

Assuming that you, Mr. SanSanych, have some level of culture and simply knowledge, I admit that your comment about Catholicism was made in the heat of the moment.

Why in the heat of the moment?

I am not asserting, judging or trying to justify right and wrong.

I am talking about the book and the opinion of the author, and about the opinion of the Orthodox who remember that Catholicism appeared approximately 600 years after Christianity became the state religion, moreover in the provinces (Rome was a province of Byzantium at the time) and the Orthodox have considered Catholicism a heresy ever since. The Orthodox have such an opinion. And after the destruction of Orthodox Constantinople by the Catholics in 1204, communion between the two branches is virtually ruled out.

And the point of the book and so many of the author's statements is that attempts at reconciliation between the Orthodox and Catholics have ALWAYS ended badly for Orthodoxy.

Once again, I have no opinion on heresy, I am not a theologian and furthermore, I am not interested in it.

But the difference between the two branches is interesting, as Christianity as a whole is at the core of European culture and the differences in the various branches of Christianity give rise to differences in the cultures of the various countries.

And if discussing the book, then with stressed respect for the author and others, it's a delicate topic.

PS.

I have not read the book, but I regularly watch the author's speeches.

For the history of religion, it might be interesting to remember how the different confessions are fighting each other; one could remember how fervently Catholics eradicated Arianism, how enthusiastically they persecuted the Old Believers in Orthodoxy, how they anathematized the Nestorians, how the Pope and the Patriarch damned each other over a dispute over land in Southern Italy, etc.etc. and in such cases a binary Hottentot logic prevails: everyone considers only himself as the only right one and his opponents as heretics/satanists/apostates/traitors, and understandably this is based on the most banal politics and struggle for influence covered up by symbols of faith for justification. Monotheistic religions are extremely intolerant of dissent, give them the opportunity to burn/kill/destroy and they are bound to do so.

This has very little to do with the theme outlined (future of humanity, transhumanism, etc.) as the role of religions is slowly but steadily coming to naught and the future will be seen as mere superstition alongside the beliefs of savages.

To call Rome a province is only formal and only because Constantine the First had the head to move the capital, but he called it "New Rome", which hints that Rome is primary, the very name "Byzantium" appeared later in the works of historians, and Byzantine inhabitants did not use this name, they called themselves "Roman" and inhabitants of the Roman Empire, and even when the division of imperial power into east and west occurred. Therefore, to call Rome a province is only provisional, just as calling Moscow a province in the period when St Petersburg was the capital does not reflect the real situation.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

As for discussing the book...

Just read the foreword to understand the "quality" of the content, and literally from the first lines it reeks of political hokum or personal hysteria of an unsatisfied woman combined with conspiracy theories and religious obsessions:

https://www.litres.ru/olga-chetverikova/oborotni-ili-kto-stoit-za-vatikanom/chitat-onlayn/