Rules under Work - page 10

pronych:
So I'm not offended. )) The original question was about the sources. It's a concern.
So there is no question. The customer doesn't need the code without the sources.

Mischek:
So there is no question. The customer does not need the code without the source code.

It depends on what kind of customer. And what kind of money the order itself is for. There are already three important differences: Client, Money, Order (in what form the result is needed). These all have a significant impact on the cost. There was also a completely opposite opinion, "Unfortunately, we can not require from the customers to understand in detail those or other subtleties of a programmer's work. So the question is open.

pronych:

It depends on what kind of customer. And what kind of money the order itself is for. There are already three important differences: Client, Money, Order (in what form the result is needed). These all have a significant impact on the cost. There was also a completely opposite opinion, "Unfortunately, we can not require from the customers to understand in detail those or other subtleties of a programmer's work. So, the question is open...

Alexei, with all due respect, the fact that you consider a question closed does not make it so. Despite any, as it seems to you, serious reasons.

Mischek:
Alexey, with all due respect, the fact that you consider a closed question open it will not become that. Despite any, as it seems to you, serious reasons.

Michael, why are you closing the issue with such a light hand? Personally, I can see the discussion. Unfortunately, the developers are still silent. Well, all in good time...

Yeah, add a checkbox "only ex5 are given to the client", and then a second checkbox, set automatically with the first one "the contractor undertakes to provide the client with fresh ex5 for the rest of his life"... for the rest of his cheerful life.

komposter:

1. I wasn't talking about a part, I was talking about the whole code.

Some of the reasons have already been voiced: the need to recompile, the impossibility of full-fledged verification. I think that's not all of them.

Do you trust the programmer so much that you can be sure that he/she will be able to recompile the Expert Advisor in a couple of years? The customers will not go for this.

2. Simply compiled library (ex4/ex5), imported into the Expert Advisor.

1. If you want, you can hide all or 90% of the code (if the client doesn't mind, of course). But then this is a completely different story, and the service will look like a MALL (in which this approach is only possible).

2. As for MQL5, I admit the possibility of hiding a part of the source code in ex5 files (preferably any type of data can be hidden). But what about the DLL is really an open question. I personally believe that the DLL code should be completely open.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Типы данных - Документация по MQL5

Yedelkin:
By the way, a question has arisen. Looked at the current cost of real orders. There are some ridiculous prices there, $10-$50. And what is the average cost of an Expert Advisor that is potentially ready to bring a stable income (say, within one year)? Would programmers really sell such Expert Advisors for $100?

1. I was not talking about EAs, but trading systems (read strategies) which will then be implemented in these very EAs and other code.

2. As for YOUR question, the cost of ONE COPY in this scenario can be from 10$ to X (where usually X according to the Executive tends to infinity, and according to the Customer should not exceed the total deposit).

IMHO of course.

Although if to be more detailed the whole process may look as follows:

1. The customer develops or finds in the network strategy that meets his needs (the cost of this strategy is a separate subject, but let it be 10 dollars);

2. At the next stage, the customer is looking for a suitable broker, and opening a demo (preferably with the most real trading conditions), he/she tries to implement the strategy. In this case, the customer has additions to the strategy (the cost of this work is also a separate issue).

Of course, many may not use the demo, a breakaway microreal for 100-200 bucks.

Let's assume that at this stage, the customer spent $150 (count the costs of the Internet and the fully or partially drained deposit).

At the next stage, the customer needs to automate some processes - to create scripts, indicators and other gimmicks for manual trading.

As an option, we will consider the possibility of improving the existing code or, what is more likely in our case, converting this year from MQL4 to MQL5.

Suppose the client needs the following orders: two scripts for performing trade operations at 10$ each; a script for analyzing trade operations at 50$; two indulators at 25$ each.

Thus, the total cost of this stage will be at least $120.

4. On the next stage, the client starts to use the strategy in trading and realizes that the system has some defects. Then a great idea comes to the client - to add one more tool, that will perform a role of a filter (let's say it will cost $15).

5. At the next stage, we test the trading system with all of the "innovations" and with all of the previously made mistakes. If testing is successful, the customer starts thinking about creating an Expert Advisor. Let us take the most typical example, in which the trader-customer does not want to deal with programming on his own, and simply buy the Expert Advisor through the Jobs service. The cost of the Expert Advisor will cost $100.

6. After some time, in the case of stable operation of the Expert Advisor, we will definitely need to upgrade the code and strategy. Suppose we decide to add the following things: MM system - $50, trawler - $50.

Now let's calculate how much all this will cost the customer in the end. Roughly we get the following result - 10+150+120+15+100+50+50.

Performing simple math we will get the amount spent on creating a strategy and development of MTS - $ 495 (let's roughly $ 500).

PS

I assume that an adequate customer who intends to open a deposit of $ 1000 may well afford to spend $ 500 on MTS (which he thinks will be profitable for a long time).

Of course, we must remember that if we are talking about the really large accounts or trade in all sorts of investment funds, the amount of costs for the software will be much higher.

Lizar:
Not necessarily. Some people build up a portfolio. With high competition, this is justified.
Urain:

And what will this portfolio do?

The ranking is a little bit incorrect here (there is not enough data to make a proper assessment).

By and large, the creation of individual indices, scripts, libraries and other developments for $ 10 is quite acceptable if the total of these amounts enough to programmer-executor to live.

On the other hand, we would like to see the cost of serious projects implemented by a specific developer (I mean not separate modules, but the entire trading system as a whole). It is desirable to specify the total cost of the project (if possible customer) and whether the project paid off or not.

Let's say for me it will be much more interesting to know that the specific artist has created a MTS for some VASI PUPKIN cost 100-500 dollars (maybe higher), while the project paid off within 6 months and at the end of the year prenes even a certain profit.

pronych:

Yeah. So far the prices are ridiculous. For a buck a buck, I don't even see the point of doing a mash-up. But that's just for now! There's not much demand yet, not enough brokers, no stock market, which is very important, a lot of things aren't... I think in due course prices will rise by times, if not orders of magnitude. By that time many will have accumulated their own libraries, templates, read source code...

PS. And portfolio, it's not unimportant either. Well, it depends on how you like it. The market dictates terms))

I don't know about people, but I prefer a formula for calculation (in general): Strategy costs 10% of MTS, MTS costs 10% of the average deposit size, which it will manage (there is a real deposit size, not the part that is allowed to trade the EA).

For example: If we are talking about trading on an account with a deposit of $10000, the MTS will cost about $1000 on average, and the strategy itself is respectively $100.

Of course, there are exceptions in which the project cost can be close to the deposit or even exceed it several times, but this is a special case for traders seeking to climb from a deposit of $ 100 (although there are also options).

Interesting:

I don't know about people, but I prefer the following calculation formula (in general): a strategy costs 10% of MTS, MTS costs 10% of the average deposit size that it will manage (i.e., the actual deposit size, not the part that the EA is allowed to trade).

What does the size of the deposit have to do with it? Should the same truck be worth different things, should it be carrying potatoes or gold bullion?