The future of automated trading: round two - page 13

papaklass:

For those who do not know about Larry Williams, he is the only trader (at least I have not heard about others) who in one year out of $10000 earned more than $1000000 in a real account.

The rules of that championship, in which he showed such a result, officially allow multiple registrations. Rumor has it that he had several dozen accounts at the time, although there is no proof of that. In this year's championship, four out of the top five as of today (http://www.pfgbest.com/worldcup/futures-forex/standings.asp ) have multiple registrations. So the competitors' chances are not initially equal, and the final result will not need to be impressed.

Prival:

1. Suppose you take your dearly loved one to the doctor. He is given a cardiogram. The doctor makes a diagnosis on the basis of this cardiogram. And now just imagine that this cardiogram is represented in the form of candles (bars) and doctor makes a diagnosis by bars, God forbid he will also treat. Personally, I will bury this doctor right there in the office...I will say that it was so, and roll up with asphalt, so he does not break out.

Do you not take into account the fact that you could just bring your dear and beloved one to the wrong doctor? Trading, for example, with 100% of your deposit really requires a visit to a cardiologist, because every kink in the cardiogram is important here. And if I stand on a weekly chart at 1-2% of my deposit and just watch what is going on? This is tantamount to just taking your temperature. And you immediately take cardiograms and bury the doctor right in the office... You should be kinder somehow...:)

papaklass:

"LARRY WILLIAMS is a renowned trader, writer, newsletter editor and financial manager. He is a regular winner of the Robbins Futures World Cup, having made $10,000 to $1,100,000 in less than twelve months. " - from the foreword to the book by Larry Williams, "Long-Term Secrets of Short-Term Trading".

Moscow: Analytica Investment Company.

2001-312с.

I know about Anton Trefilov, but he earned his interest on other sums. The result is undoubtedly phenomenal.

I am not going to talk about the broodmare.

I also have Alex Niroba, a well-known trader and writer, and Stepan Demura (Stepanida), a well-known analyst, who always appears on the RBK channel with phenomenal results.

There are a lot of them, the famous ones.

papaklass:
In my post I was talking about the future of auto-trading. And you have only chosen the phrase of Larry Williams from the entire post, which I cited as a proof of my thought.

By demonstrating the falsity of the supporting argument, I have thereby disproved the whole idea. Although there is not much to refute.

Robots move individual trading from the category of work, when a positive mathematical expectation is possible, into the category of gambling, when the mathematical expectation is zero or lower. Williams will continue to appear even with absolutely honest steatings, but they will not be able to repeat their record, because it is the result of luck, like winning the lottery, rather than the system. All systemic approaches will be overtaken by robots. This process has been going on for a long time, but it seems to me that high-level automated trading will greatly accelerate it. And it doesn't depend on the timeframe, it's just more noticeable on pips. At higher timeframes there is still an illusion that the trader can do something. But can he do something? And if so, how long will it last?

murad:

At the moment the "Complaint" command (as a link) is only available to users with a rating > 100

We will lower the threshold to 20 shortly

The "complaint" button has been enabled! Especially nice that it is even available under your own post, ie you can complain to myself. I'll be sure to take advantage of this opportunity.

timbo:

Robots move individual trading from the category of work, when a positive mathematical expectation is possible, into the category of gambling, when the mathematical expectation is zero and below. Williams will continue to appear even with absolutely honest steatings, but they will not be able to repeat their record, because it is the result of luck, like winning the lottery, rather than the system. All systemic approaches will be overtaken by robots. This process has been going on for a long time, but it seems to me that high-level automated trading will greatly accelerate it. And it doesn't depend on the timeframe, it's just more noticeable on pips. At higher timeframes there is still an illusion that the trader can do something. But can he do something? And if so, how long will it last?

I do not understand this question. Why do robots threaten small traders? How can they prevent them? Suppose I opened a long position. Will the robots artificially lower the price?

rsi:
I don't understand the question at all. Why do robots threaten small traders? How can they stop them? Suppose I open a long position. Will the robots artificially decrease the price?
Why not? And then they will increase it. And then I go down. And so it happens 10 000 times a day. Try to resist, how much will your deposit suffice and how quickly will you reduce your appetite and the risks you put into each trade?

Gans-deGlucker:
Why not? And then a promotion. And then down. And so on 10,000 times a day. Try to confront how much your deposit will be enough and how quickly you will reduce your appetite and the risks you put into each trade?
You mean the quotes will become "fluffy"? Well that's good for us! Again I don't see the problem.

rsi:
I don't understand the question at all. Why do robots threaten small traders? How can they prevent them? Suppose I opened a long position. Will the robots artificially lower the price?

I hope you opened a position following some system that you have reason to believe is profitable. Now, robots do not threaten traders, but profitable systems. Due to their higher speed and greater awareness, robots can trade your own, or a related system, faster than you do. Accordingly, it will no longer be profitable for you.

And no one forbids opening long positions, as well as short ones. Just like feeding coins to slot machines. And some people even win on the machines. The question is only in probability and mathematical expectation.

papaklass:
And what will the robots do if 51% of traders open a long position, while the remaining 49% will short? They read the stories of timbo and others and make us (people who do not believe in scare stories) believe it. Godspeed gentlemen.
Robots will maintain liquidity, so that the teachers could say at the training courses that Forex is the most super-duper fucking liquid market and huge yards of money are traded there. So don't hide your money in banks and corners. The robot may act as Timbo wrote, i.e. it may turn a profitable system into a losing one through dumb monkeying, or it may just keep equity horizontal, supporting liquidity and attracting small plankton such as robots or people. The timeframes are not really important here, what is important is understanding that the deposit size, no matter what it is, is finite, while the market size is, well, roughly speaking, infinite. I hope I didn't express myself in a confused manner and made my point.