The future of automated trading - page 21

gip:
Write anything you want, e.g. how do I copy a folder with subfolders and files to another location?
I'll even answer more precisely, using the SHFileOperation() function from shell32.dll.

mrProF:
Even more accurately, with the SHFileOperation() function from shell32.dll.
And this is not correct at all, as it is a shell library, not an OS API.

gip:

The answer is incorrect because there was an application here

> everything is implementable with MQL5.

And MQL5 tools are terminal APIs, those are FileOpen

And you suggested an operating system API, and I'm saying ditch MQL and move to a normal language and win API, or better yet a normal object environment.

Well, you can't shove everything into the terminal. The ability to import from a dll, opens up a lot of possibilities.

gip:
And this is not correct at all, as it is a shell library, not an OS API.
What prevents you from using it? It's been in vin since it was in diapers.

mrProF:
Well, you can't shove everything into the terminal. The ability to import from a dll, opens up a lot of possibilities.
And the ability to switch to another language and object environment opens up even more possibilities.

gip:
And the ability to switch to another language and object environment opens up even more possibilities.
Don't forget, MQ's main policy is security. This is why many features are missing.

If dlls are disabled in the terminal, you can run any expert/script/instrument without fear of being left without an idea or trousers.

If you add dangerous functions, you will have to keep an eye on them, hence the big drop in performance.
Always a programme in a delicate balance - safety/speed/opportunity.

mrProF:
Do not forget that the main policy of MQ is security. Therefore, many functions are missing.
If dlls are disabled in the terminal, you can run any Expert Advisors/scripts/indulators without fear of being left without an idea and trousers.

Why are you so stubborn? That's actually why I gave you this example. I need to solve this simple task reliably and safely, regardless of any checkboxes. You can't do it with MQL tools. This example compromises 100% of the claim "Everything that the terminal lacks, everything can be implemented by means of MQL5".

gip:

Why are you so stubborn? That's actually why I gave you this example. I need to solve this simple task reliably and safely, regardless of any checkboxes. You can't do it with MQL tools. This example compromises the 100% claim "Everything that the terminal lacks, everything can be implemented using MQL5 tools".

Well I didn't say everything.
"If you add dangerous functions, you'll have to keep an eye on them, hence the big drop in performance." - I'll write again.

And because of specific tasks it's not worth destroying everything (the whole folder copying doesn't really apply to it, because it's still necessary).

P.S., you can copy a folder with files in MQL, recursively running through folders/files, reading from them and creating folders in another place.

Документация по MQL5: Файловые операции / FolderCreate
Документация по MQL5: Файловые операции / FolderCreate
  • www.mql5.com
Файловые операции / FolderCreate - Документация по MQL5

gip:

The answer is incorrect because there was an application here

> everything is implementable with MQL5.

And MQL5 tools are terminal APIs, those are FileOpen

And you suggested an operating system API, and I'm saying throw out MQL and go to a normal language and win API, or better yet a normal object environment.

I repeat - everything. Now, no one writes their own software products consisting of 100% of their own components. All the programs use some or other operating system libraries.

It is especially noticeable in Linux programs, that is why linux programs weigh very little.

This is a programming language specialized for trading operations. Everything that is necessary for trading (and even much more than necessary) can be implemented in MQL. The specific functions that go beyond trading and data analysis, service functions, etc., can be solved with the help of operating system libraries.

After all, no one would call Matlab's language cheesy, would they? This is a special programming language for mathematical functions. So it is here too.

I'm talking about specific languages, not general-purpose. And the foundation of the programming language for traders has already been laid. There is no need to mix flies with cutlets.

SZZ I also wrote my own tester in MQL4. It implemented everything I needed without using dlls and API. That said, I've never said anywhere, nor have I ever thought MQL language was cheesy.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

joo:
What can you argue with someone who has never eaten anything sweeter than a carrot in his life? How do you tell him what watermelon, melon or orange tastes like? You can't :) If he tries it he will spit from the beginning :)))