Errors, bugs, questions - page 2314

Comrades developers!

In MT4, clicking on the selected graphical object triggers event"CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG". This is a real error.

In mt5 there is no such a problem.

void OnChartEvent(const int id,
                  const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
 {
  if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG)
    Print(id); // 2
 }

SuhanovDM94:

Good afternoon everyone! Sorry for the silly question. Guys, could you please tell me how to make Pressed property of a button to be true when left-clicking and false when left-clicking. Now the situation is such, that nothing happens by pressing it, but Pressed changes its value to the opposite one by releasing it.

I understand that I need to override the CButton::OnMouseUp and CButton::OnMouseDown event handlers, but I have no idea where to do that. A hint please. Thanks in advance!

If anyone can help with the same topic, it would be appreciated.

Baruban:

If anyone can help with the same topic, it would be appreciated.

The event is only generated when the mouse button is pressed, but not when

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The event is generated only when the mouse button is pressed, not when it is clicked

But there is a click handler, isn't there? So there must be a click event.

SuhanovDM94:

But there is a press handler, isn't there? So there must be a press event, too.

Aren't you confused? There is CHARTEVENT_CLICK event - mouse click on the chart; but not clicking...

Alexey Viktorov:

Aren't you confusing things? There is a CHARTEVENT_CLICK event - a mouse click on a chart; but not a click...

There is, that's right. It's just that the CButton class has two internal event handlers: OnMouseDown() and OnMouseUp(). So I thought, maybe there are corresponding events as well?

SuhanovDM94:

Yes, that's right. It's just that the CButton class has two internal event handlers: OnMouseDown() and OnMouseUp(). So I thought, maybe there are corresponding events as well?

I haven't looked at the SB, but apparently there's one press OBJPROP_STATE == true, the other OBJPROP_STATE == false. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Hi everyone, help me out. Why is the graph going down at the end of the optimization process?
Files:

Both MT4 and MT5 editors crash when hovering the mouse over "func" in the "int i = func( 0, 1 );" line and selecting the "Go to definition" option (or when pressing Alt+G)

MQL4 build 1910
MQL5 build 1931

template<typename type>  
type func( type a, type b = 1 ){ return ( 0 ); }

int i = func( 0, 1 );

void OnStart(){ }  

Files:
altg.jpg  57 kb

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL equivalent to Python's None type?

nicholi shen, 2018.10.28 21:52

Not in MQL, not anymore anyway. It's actually twice as slow as reference in debugging, and close enough to the same when compiled normally that it really doesn't matter. Try for yourself.

#define  ITERATIONS 1000000

void OnStart()
{
   {
      ulong time = GetMicrosecondCount();
      ulong sum = 0;
      for(int i=0; i<ITERATIONS; i++){
         string r = string(rand());
         sum += by_ref(r);
      }
      time = GetMicrosecondCount() - time;
      printf("%s took %.3f milliseconds: sum=%dll", "by_ref", time/1000.0, sum);
   }{
      ulong time = GetMicrosecondCount();
      ulong sum = 0;
      for(int i=0; i<ITERATIONS; i++)
         sum += by_val(string(rand()));
      time = GetMicrosecondCount() - time;
      printf("%s took %.3f milliseconds: sum=%dll", "by_val", time/1000.0, sum);
   }
}
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

int by_ref(string &var){ return int(var) % 100; }
int by_val(string  var){ return int(var) % 100; }

Why is by_ref slower than by_val?