Errors, bugs, questions - page 1906

The latest build of the terminal cannot connect to ICMarkets real. Replaced it with an older 1596 and it connects fine.

And now the question is, does the terminal need to update to the latest builds, if brokers' servers haven't updated yet?

zenz:

Hello! In MT4, when you delete a limit order inside a spread, there is often an error situation - the order to be deleted hangs, which can only be fixed by reloading the terminal. As far as I understood the mechanism , it occurs in the following way:

1 ) We set a limit inside the spread, close to the price Ask (for Buy orders Limit) or Bid (forSell orders Limit) and after some time we try to delete it.

2 ) We send a command OrderDelete(), while this command goes to the server, the order may already be executed on the server (it is inside the spread, very close to the activation price). It appears that when the command reaches the server, it will be applied to the market order and we will get an error in the terminal and a frozen order. In this case, the order in the terminal remains a limit order (also defined as a limit order using the OrderType() function) and will only appear as a market order after a terminal restart. If you keep deleting it as a limit one , you will see an error in the Expert Advisor's log with code: 3, and in the terminal log:[Invalid parameters]. Actually, no actions with such a suspended order are possible - it is a limit order in the client terminal and a market order on the server . The order cannot be deleted manually either.

I attach a simplified EA (only for Buy Limit), for error reproduction and a profile with 8 EAs installed in parallel (the error appears faster, than if the error is caught by one EA - though it also occurs with one installed EA). The Buy order Limit is set at 1 five-digit point below the Ask price and is removed after 1 second after being set. If you set an order even 5 points below Ask price and delete it after any number of seconds/minutes/hours, the error will still happen from time to time, just less frequently because the mechanism of its appearance does not change.

You need to start the terminal and wait for the pending order to appear. Usually you do not have to wait more than an hour, depending on market activity.

Just in case, system:

MicrosoftWindows XP (X86 based PC), IE 08.00, 2 x Intel Core i3-2120@ 3.30GHz, RAM: 2421 / 3981 Mb, HDD: 195187 / 666422 Mb, GMT+03:00

MT4: Version 4.00 Build 1090 (19 May 2017)

MetaEditor: Version 5.00 build 1601 (19 May 2017)

Keep Windows up to date and use your licence

Vladimir Zubov:

Update Windows and use the licence

Bullshit.

For developers - the system information is taken from the terminal log. I don't know why it doesn't show that the system is with service pack SP3.

zenz:

Bullshit.

For developers - the system information is taken from the terminal log. I don't know why it doesn't show that the system is with service pack SP3.

Renate wrote that XP and Vista will be unsupported from June 10

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Renat wrote that XP and Vista will not be supported from 10 June
Not from June 10, but from October 1. I am aware of that. At the moment the system with the updates meets all the requirements. And I noticed the order hiccups more than half a year ago. I just did not use Limit then so it was not critical.

zenz:

Bullshit.

So it's OK to use stolen software and make claims?

hello!

trailing does not work

I set it to 30000 it only moves the SL to 10000

https://yadi.sk/i/JY5Na3z23Jr8jT

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thank you!

Vladimir Zubov:

So it is normal to use stolen software and make claims?

Who uses stolen software and makes claims? Tell me, as an expert on this issue))

I have reported an error in the terminal, attached a detailed description and even an expert to reproduce the error. All this is for developers, and for traders who may be affected by this error. That is what this thread is for, as far as I understand. But your questions are off-topic. You will be served by Microsoft's legal department.

ORDER_TIME_EXPIRATION trims the seconds set in Request.expiration.
ORDER_TIME_EXPIRATION of the cancelled order does not return the set expiration date.

Why does CTrade::PositionOpen not have an OrderCheck check among the checks?