Errors, bugs, questions - page 1476

Karputov Vladimir:

What happened to the books from Market:

? Where did the books section go?

It's not just the book links that have gone. Stumbled across a similar thing in the documentation today. For example:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/caccountinfo/accountinformation

-Aleks-:

In the latest builds of MT4 there is no way to run MetaEditor when using the portable mode - I have written to the service desk, but there was no intelligible answer.

If I run the application in the folder with MT4, MetaEditor is loaded with the environment in the folder AppData for Windows. If I click "change Expert Advisor", the same thing will happen, but previously the environment was loaded from the folder where the terminal was started in the portable mode.

I ask again about MetaEditor and MT4 in the portable mode.

Does nobody use it?

Karputov Vladimir:
Press the "F11" key in the terminal - it looks like you have switched to full screen mode.
No, it doesn't help All 3 computers started to show the same pattern immediately after the last MT5 update.

-Aleks-:

In the latest builds of MT4 when using the portable mode there is no possibility to start MetaEditor - I wrote to the service desk, but there was no intelligible answer.

If you run the application itself in the folder with MT4, MetaEditor is loaded with the environment in the folder AppData for Windows. If you press "change Expert Advisor" in the terminal, the same thing happens, but before the environment was loaded from the folder in which the terminal was started in the portable mode.

-Aleks-:

I ask again about MetaEditor and MT4 in the portable mode.

I do not use MetaEditor in a portable mode.

I use both MT4 and MetaEditor from /portable.

I have checked some variants of running MetaEditor:

- From shortcut for MetaEditor with /portable;

- from MT4, launched with /portable, by pressing the button to launch MetaEditor from the panel (or F4);

- From MT4, run with /portable, by "change" from the context menu of the PCM on the Expert Advisor in the Navigator.

Always MetaEditor runs as it should and without crashing: in portable mode and environment in terminal directory.

I am currently running build 950, Windows 7 (x32) with UAC disabled. Previous MT4 and ME builds did not have this problem either.

Try to install a clean MT4 in an empty directory, and add /portable in the shortcuts for MT4 and ME. If the problem remains (even when working with admin rights), then either UAC is enabled, or there's a problem with the OS. Otherwise "MT4 veterans" would have already flooded the forum and servicedesk with similar messages.

Sergey Basov:

I use both MT4 and MetaEditor with /portable.

I have just checked several options to start MetaEditor:

- From MetaEditor shortcut with /portable;

- from MT4, launched with /portable, by pressing the button to launch MetaEditor from the panel (or F4);

- From MT4, run with /portable, by "change" from the context menu of the PCM on the Expert Advisor in the Navigator.

Always MetaEditor runs as it should and without crashing: in portable mode and environment in terminal directory.

I am currently running build 950, Windows 7 (x32) with UAC disabled. Previous MT4 and ME builds did not have this problem either.

Try to install a clean MT4 in an empty directory, and add /portable in the shortcuts for MT4 and ME. If the problem remains (even when working with admin rights), then either UAC is enabled, or there's a problem with the OS. Otherwise "MT4 veterans" would have already flooded the forum and servicedesk with similar messages.

I have UAC enabled - as I understand everything works without it, that's why the question has arisen!

-Aleks-:
I have UAC enabled - as far as I know, everything works without it, that's why the question appeared!

There's your answer. The choice is yours, either UAC or portable mode.

The developers mentioned UAC in the requirements for the portable mode. Here is an article: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1389

Although I read the article again, maybe the portable-mode will work with UAC turned on, if MT4 is installed not in C:\Program Files, but in "Another non-system directory", like D:\MT4, and it has write permission. I didn't try it myself, it all worked at once (and still does), UAC was already disabled, and I was too lazy to make trouble for myself.

Обновление на новый MetaTrader 4 билд 600 и выше
Обновление на новый MetaTrader 4 билд 600 и выше
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
В новой версии терминала MetaTrader 4 была изменена структура хранения пользовательских данных. Если раньше все программы, шаблоны, профили и т.д. хранились прямо в папке установки терминала, то теперь данные, необходимые для работы конкретного пользователя терминала, хранятся в отдельной специальной папке, называемой каталог данных. В этой статье собраны ответы на популярные вопросы.

Sergey Basov:

The developers mentioned UAC in the requirements for the portable mode. Here is an article here: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1389

Although I read the article once again, the portable-mode will probably work with UAC switched on, only if MT4 is installed not in C:\Program Files, but in "Another non-system directory", like D:\MT4, and it has write permission. I didn't try it myself, it all worked at once (and still does), UAC was already disabled, and I was too lazy to make trouble for myself.

I have all the terminals working with UAC enabled and with \portable on all terminals - much more convenient than looking for files in the middle of nowhere...

Artyom Trishkin:
I have all terminals running with UAC enabled, and with \portable on all terminals - much more convenient than looking for files in the middle of nowhere...

The terminals are not installed in C:\Program Files?

It's much more convenient for me too, than having several long paths with chaotic character sets in them. It's easy to get confused if there's more than one terminal.

Sergey Basov:

It's not always possible to work on my home computer - there are other places where I have time to think about code, and I don't have admin rights there.

I've been using portable mode for a long time, and it used to work correctly with UAC, but now ME from build 840 works, but not 950 - on the same machine.

Artyom Trishkin:
I have all terminals working with UAC enabled, and with \portable on all terminals - much more convenient than looking for files in the middle of nowhere...
what build?

-Aleks-:

It's not always possible to work on my home computer - there are other places where I have time to think about code, and I don't have admin rights there.

I've been using portable mode for a long time, and it used to work correctly with UAC, but now ME from build 840 works, but not 950 - on the same machine.

what build?

And on those computers, where UAC is enabled and no admin rights, are the terminals installed in C:\Program Files ? Or do you bring the terminals on a flash drive?

I have started to wonder. Though I won't work with MT and ME on other people's computers, paranoia from my sysadmin past is taking its toll.