Errors, bugs, questions - page 478

Rosh:

Open file with write-only flag FILE_WRITE and write whatever you want. Anything before that will be deleted.

Thanks, it's a bit more convenient that way...

But still, if I use a file for caching data (if the terminal is restarted, the Expert Advisor will read the state from the file and continue working as if nothing has happened), i.e. I'm constantly reading and writing to it... I have to constantly: 1. open it for reading 2. read it, 3. close it, 4. open it for writing, 5. write it, 6. close it .... 7 open it for reading ... etc. This is both a resource and unnecessary error because of the complexity.

Instead you could 1. Open file for read/write, 2 read, 3 clear (if needed), 4 write... 5 When deinitialising the expert - close the file.

There's something messed up about MT5, when is it going to become friendly? The critical error on accessing arrays is getting on my nerves...

And anyway, how to get price value that was 3 years ago at least...

It swears at this range on any timeframe, even an hour, even a week... This is history since 1993... What the hell is MT5 doing to my brain?

2 significant disadvantages to Alert's message output:

1. There is no way to adjust the width of the first two columns, so they always take up half of the screen, although you can change the width of the fields in almost any program.

2. As the space character occupies only half of a normal sign, it is difficult to format the output of several columns of different data inside the third field, and the corresponding functions are absent. Why the minus sign and whitespace are half the width of normal numbers and letters is also difficult to understand.

Why and when might all this be critical?

An example of my own. I have 17 parameters per bar output per 29 filters as a result of the check. Thus, each of the 29 lines should contain 17 parameters, but since some of them contain names that are not equal in length, the readability of the result, alas, suffers greatly.

DV2010:

Why the minus and space characters are half the width of normal numbers and letters is also difficult to understand

Because the font is not monospaced, in a monospaced font all characters are equal in width.

Monospaced font - Wikipedia

Urain:

Because the font is not monospaced, in a monospaced font all characters are equal in width.

Can you tell me how to split (format) the third Alert field into columns, taking into account that their content may be different?

Админ

Rosh2011.07.27 10:042011.07.27 10:04:39

Announcement of MetaTrader 5 build 480

In the next few days we are planning the next update of MetaTrader 5 platform. The following changes are planned:

I don't get it! I still have a Biddle 478, or does the annonce just not want to move to a release?

Erm955:

I don't understand something! I still have a Beadle 478, or does the annonce just not want to go into release?

After the announcement we've held back the build a bit for the sake of additional tests. We'll release the build in the next few days - it's almost done.

Plus it's also the holiday time and the developers need to have a rest.

Please advise what may be the problem:

I made an Expert Advisor, its body is in a loop with a pause of 300msec , the loop is the OnTimer function, everything works for 20 - 30 minutes, then the Expert Advisor is removed from the chart. No error messages in the trading terminal (division by zero, etc.), GetLastError() does not swear either. Why is this happening?

220Volt:

then the expert is removed from the chart. Why does this happen?

what is the reason for deletion ? have you looked at it ?

That's the thing, I can't understand why. There are no error messages in the Experts tab (trading terminal), and everything is OK in the Journal tab, the program is fully executed (the last line of the message is displayed). The Expert Advisor is deleted without the OnDeinit() function

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Коды ошибок и предупреждений / Ошибки компиляции
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Коды ошибок и предупреждений / Ошибки компиляции
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Коды ошибок и предупреждений / Ошибки компиляции - Документация по MQL5