Errors, bugs, questions - page 459

Here's a question

DoesHistorySelect return true only if there are records in the history or at any successful execution?

To be precise, the question is about what will be returned in the tester during initialization...

Why is the "market" section not displayed in the metatrader5 terminal running in emulation mode (wine) in debian/uberntu? Has anyone encountered this issue? How to solve it?

Files:
forexshot.jpg  111 kb

aharata:

Why is the "market" section not displayed in the metatrader5 terminal running in emulation mode (wine) in debian/uberntu? Has anyone encountered this issue? How to solve it?

Wine does not have a decent explorer (IE), so the rich content of the market as HTML+Java script will not work.

Renat:
Wine doesn't have a decent explorer (IE), so the rich content marketplace as HTML+Java script won't work.

I see, I get it. Is it not possible to do this through gecko functionality? It's a shame the client is so browser dependent, it loses versatility and portability of the platform.

Does the strategy tester use the same indicator caching algorithms as in the terminal?

The question is prompted by experiments in terms of: 1) speed of handling creation/deletion of handles, 2) memory usage.

The Terminal script works fine: 1) speed is high, 2) memory usage does not increase.

Through a simple Expert Advisor in Strategy Tester: 1) speed is (!) orders of magnitude slower, 2) memory consumption by the tester process is constantly growing.

The algorithm is the same. Immediately after getting a handle, it is released through IndicatorRelease.

As a result, the time required for testing the multivariate tester exceeds all reasonable limits.

P.S. On the available history from 2011.

voix_kas:

Immediately after getting a handle, there is a release via IndicatorRelease.

This is an extremely sub-optimal approach. It can be used only if we need every time the indicator with different parameters.

It has been repeatedly stated that an indicator should be created in the initialization phase of the expert, the release of the handle at the phase of deinitialization. For the rest of the time, the once-created handle should be used.

SZZ: The tester has a more "straightforward" attitude to IndicatorRelease function than the terminal. So much for the brakes.

Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / IndicatorRelease
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / IndicatorRelease
  • www.mql5.com
Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / IndicatorRelease - Документация по MQL5

uncleVic

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just putting in an EA the function of "rescanning" available tools (suddenly some tool appeared which was previously unavailable). I have to completely rebuild the set of working tools.

I have sort of set the frequency of scanning once a day. But it's a real pain in the ass. We'll have to look for some workarounds.

Another question. There is a request (#163680) to add SymbolInfoSessionTrade and SymbolInfoSessionQuote in the Strategy Tester.

Can you give at least an approximate timeframe for the implementation? The crutches for detecting non-trading sessions (Saturdays and Sundays) really strain the multicurrency strategies (by timer).

Документация по MQL5: Получение рыночной информации / SymbolInfoSessionQuote
Документация по MQL5: Получение рыночной информации / SymbolInfoSessionQuote
  • www.mql5.com
Получение рыночной информации / SymbolInfoSessionQuote - Документация по MQL5

voix_kas:

uncleVic

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just putting in an EA the function of "rescanning" the available tools (suddenly a tool appeared which was previously unavailable). I have to completely rebuild the set of working tools.

I have sort of set the frequency of scanning once a day. But it's a real pain in the ass. We'll have to look for some workarounds.

Another question. There is a request (#163680) to add SymbolInfoSessionTrade and SymbolInfoSessionQuote in the Strategy Tester.

Can you give at least an approximate timeframe for the implementation? The crutches for detecting non-trading sessions (Saturdays and Sundays) on multicurrency strategies (by timer) are really annoying.

I think the "function of "rescanning" available instruments", can be implemented somehow easier. For example, by changing the value returned by functionSymbolsTotal.

And anyway, even if " suddenly there appeared a tool that wasn't available before", why rebuild the whole "set"? Add what has appeared. Although... I don't know your algorithms. You know best.

Regarding" One more question". I can't give you an answer.

Developers.

What about application #163577?

The EA requires access to an indicator. You can get it in at least three ways: IndicatorCreate(...) or iCustome(...) or, if it is a standard indicator, for example, iMA(...).

As I understand, when using any variant, you must explicitly release the resulting handle (IndicatorRelease).

The question is about choosing the way of calling the indicator. What are the pros and cons of each method? Priority interest in speed of processing.

Способы вызова индикаторов в MQL5
Способы вызова индикаторов в MQL5
  • KlimMalgin
  • www.mql5.com
C появлением новой версии языка MQL, не только изменился подход к работе с индикаторами, но и появились новые способы создания индикаторов. Кроме того, появилась дополнительная гибкость при работе с индикаторными буферами - теперь вы можете самостоятельно указать нужное направление индексации и получать ровно столько значений индикатора, сколько вам требуется. В этой статье рассмотрены базовые методы вызова индикаторов и получения данных из индикаторных буферов.