Errors, bugs, questions - page 390

To the developers!

When working with the tabs of the strategy tester (placed on a separate monitor), the terminal always hangs (and deadlocked).

I have to close everything and restart the terminal.

Win XP SP3, KIS 2011.

mql5:
The path to the folder with the injectors through the /i:<path> set?

If the path to the inluder in the script is specified in quotes, the script will compile. When <> is in triangle brackets, it doesn't. Tried all kinds of paths.

string s;
   s=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\mql5.exe";
   s=s+" ";
   s=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Scripts\\sInstallerTestScript.mq5";
   s=s+" /i: ";
   string z;

z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude\\IncInstallerTest.mqh";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH);   
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude\\IncInstallerTest.mqh";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH);   
   z=s+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude\\IncInstallerTest.mqh";
   z=s+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude";
   z=s+"\\MQL5\\Include";
   z=s+"\\MQL5";
   z=s+"\\";
   z=s+"MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude\\IncInstallerTest.mqh";
   z=s+"MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude";
   z=s+"MQL5\\Include";
   z=s+"MQL5";
   z=s+"";   
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH)+"\\MQL5";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH);
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include\\InstallerTestInclude";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5\\Include";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH)+"\\MQL5";
   z=s+TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_PATH);

Interesting:

If the direction changes, the existing Out position is closed and the new In position is reopened.

If I remember correctly.

You do not remember correctly. Take a look at at least this;

POSITION_IDENTIFIER

Position_identifier is a unique number, which is assigned to each newly opened position and does not change throughout its lifetime. Reversal of a position does not change the position identifier.

long

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций - Документация по MQL5

Valmars:

Incorrectly remember. Take a look at at least this;

POSITION_IDENTIFIER

The position identifier is a unique number which is assigned to each newly opened position and does not change throughout its lifetime. Reversal of a position does not change the position identifier.

long

Well, here we're talking about the unchanging of the identifier, not the position itself. Advice given above.

Yedelkin:
Well, we're talking about the immutability of the identifier here, not the position itself. The advice was given above.
Well, the immutability of the identifier means that the position is the same. And all the trades and orders used to form it have the same PositionIdentifer. The position exists from the moment it is opened until it is completely closed. Everything that exists between these points is all the same position.

Valmars:

Incorrectly remember. Take a look at at least this;

POSITION_IDENTIFIER

The position identifier is a unique number which is assigned to each newly opened position and does not change throughout its lifetime. Reversal of a position does not change the position identifier.

long

I see. But when you flip it, the comment should change anyway.
Yedelkin: Well, here we're talking about the position identifier's immutability, not the position itself. The advice was given above.
Valmars: Well, the unchanged identifier means that the position is the same. And all the trades and orders with which it was formed have the same PositionIdentifer. The position exists from the moment it is opened until it is completely closed. Everything that exists between those moments is all the same position.

Theoretically, a position flip can be considered as a closing of an existing position + opening of a new one (by volume difference).

Then the identifier is simply inherited by the new position for the convenience (it is easier to trace what really happened).

But if we are specifically talking about MT5 and a reversal in it, then, given that the identifier has not changed - the position remains the same.

Interesting:
I see. But when you flip it, the comment should change anyway.
Yes, it does change, to an empty line, i.e. the old one is deleted, but I would like it to be replaced by the new one, from the order.

Valmars:
Yes, it is changed, to an empty line, i.e. the old one is deleted, but I would like it to be replaced by a new one, from the order.
By an application to srvisdesk (preferably not as a wish, but as a bug in the terminal).

Valmars:
Well, the identifier invariance means that the position is the same.

I see. Beginners aren't the only ones who prefer working with reference material to theory :)

Позиция
Позиция — это рыночное обязательство, количество купленных или проданных контрактов по финансовому
инструменту. 
Длинная позиция (Long) — купленный в расчете на повышение цены финансовый инструмент, 
короткая (Short) — обязательство на его поставку в расчете на снижение цены в будущем. 
На одном счете по каждому финансовому инструменту может существовать только одна позиция. 

One can of course assume that a long position, having turned into a short position, has remained "the same" long :) Or something like that. But such terminology will not be clear to everyone :)

Invariability of the identifier means that the trader has a market obligation after the trade, but what this obligation is ( Long or Short position) is another question.

Yedelkin:

I see. Beginners aren't the only ones who prefer working with reference material to theory :)

One can of course assume that a long position, having turned into a short position, has remained "the same" long :) Or something like that. But such terminology will not be clear to everyone :)

Non-changeability of identifier means that after the trade the trader has a market obligation, but what is this obligation ( Long position or Short position) is another question.

In any case, it is a request to Service Desk. Because it is unacceptable that the comment is not inherited during the rollover (especially if it is empty).

Personally, I would mark somehow the change of position type buy/sell, even if there is no comment in the transaction that made the flip (sl/tp is written in the comment on the server automatically).