How do I access the server from behind a corporate proxy? - page 7

alexvd:

Are the IP:Port settings correct? Is your proxy on port 80 (as in previous screenshots) or 443?

Let's start from the beginning.

What kind of OS? Is UAC enabled? What are your firewall settings, have you tried turning the firewall off? Is there any antivirus software, have you tried disabling it? Is there any IP traffic filtering?

Greetings,

To answer your question: settings in pre-screen were taken from ceiling, proxy on port 80, but all MT5 servers mentioned in the first page of this thread work through either 443 or 1950, so I thought that may be the problem.

OS is Win7, I don't know what it is, I can't disable firewall as it's corporate network, I have antivirus software, I can't disable it. Filtering by IP is unknown. But MT4 is working!

Now the point: all this would have mattered if I had passed / failed the proxy test. I don't run it at all. The button "Test" is not pressed. I mean, it doesn't even go to IP, proxy, ports, firewalls, etc. It just won't click.

I've recorded a video from my desktop - please watch it (mp4 format). Watch it with sound, because you can clearly hear the error sound when you try to press the button - "Ding!

I have intentionally entered all correct parameters in the video - Alpari trading server address, login and password (I have done it on another computer), proxy address, proxy username and password. I have tried five MT5s of different companies, including your original one. Always the same result - the button does not click.

PS: I contacted corporate tech support where they told me that all ports except :80 are blocked for third party programs, but as I mentioned, I believe it will only make a difference once the button starts pushing!

PPS: the interesting thing is that the terminal installed successfully, but it doesn't want to work with the same proxy settings.

No response.

I copied the terminal from another computer and everything magically worked! Moreover, proxy setting worked even on terminals, which were installed directly before. In general - miracles.

But it's not so good, because terminal must work stably, not randomly.

Now it has been working for the second day via proxy on port 80. I am hoping it will not fail. I will write to this thread if anything goes wrong.

Regards,

Programmer

Can't install Metatrader5 on my home computer, it doesn't like my proxy settings, can you tell me where to download a proper installer?