Help to upgrade to MetaTrader 5 without loss - page 14

Valmars:

Here, try it out. As for the margin level, it is not clear how to determine exactly how much margin will be reimbursed to the account after the position is closed.

In addition, in multi-currency trading, only the estimated profit of the position makes sense, because the balance, equity and margin level depend on transactions in other instruments.

Hello, Valmars! Like LUKA-FX, I use the YouBalanceProfitAndSetNewStopProfit.mq4 script and now I use YouBalanceProfitAndSetNewStopProfit.mq5 on MT5 due to your efforts. Thank you, it works.

Actually, the request. We have the calc.mq4 indicator that allows us to manipulate with order calculation before opening a position which is even more convenient. Won't it be too cumbersome to transfer this indicator to MQL5? I think that many traders would like it.

Thank you and respectfully.

Files:
calc.mq4  10 kb

Piligrim: I would like to ask you. I have the indicator calc.mq4 which allows making manipulations with order calculation before opening a position, which is even more convenient. Would it be too cumbersome to transfer this indicator to MQL5? I think many traders would like this convenience.

Thank you and with respect.

So it is like this, check it out.
Files:
Calc.mq5  12 kb

I downloaded calc/installed it and started scaling the chart window + - to reach the top lines and then the lines of the induced line get lost/disappear.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Линии индикаторов
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Линии индикаторов
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Линии индикаторов - Документация по MQL5

vspexp:
I downloaded calc/installed it and started scaling the chart window + - to reach the top lines and then the lines of the indicator are flying off/ disappearing.

Well, I didn't check it thoroughly, I just tried it out. What tool, chart period, server?

You cannot re-install an indicator on a chart that already has one.

is there a need? eur-usd, n1, nord-fx server

vspexp:
is there a need? eur-usd, n1, nord-fx server
Yes I want to check, everything scales fine on the MQ server.

Valmars:
 Как то так, проверяйте.

...on MQ server everything scales well.

Everything scales fine for me too. Apart from MQ, I checked it on two different servers. Moreover, the indicator in MT5 works even better than in MT4: when dragging the lines the calculation is done without the need to update the ticks.

Valery, thank you very much! Thank you very much!)

:) for the third time after put/remove/remove removed, the turkey is installed you can move its lines, but when I change the colour of the lines it resets again, I don't know why. 574build.

vspexp:
:) for the third time after put/remove/remove, the indicator is set, you can move its lines, but when I change the colour of the lines it resets again, I don't know why. 574build.

When changing indicator parameters from the properties window, as well as when changing the chart period, the indicator is reinitialized and the lines are set to the initial levels. The author's OPEN, STOP and PROFIT are set at Open 0th, 3rd and 9th bars, I considered it unnecessary. The STOP and PROFIT lines in my version are initially set 200 pips away from the OPEN line, I have to drag them anyway. This parameter may be moved to the properties window for changing and adapting to different scales and tools.

Recalculation of values is performed by the event of line dragging, therefore the work of the indicator does not depend on the receipt of ticks.

Speaking of periods. There is an optimized indicator for conversion to non-standard timeframes for MT4: Period_Converter_Opt.mq4. It works in the following way. To convert the minute charts, the indicator is drawn on the minute frame, and for the hour charts - on the hour frame. We set the necessary period in the properties window and get the desired frame as an output. Besides, it is possible to set as many of such non-standard frames as it is necessary. The main advantage of this approach is that all non-standard timeframes continue to be updated even after reloading of the terminal.

There are 21 standard periods in MT5. It seems to be enough. But sometimes I would like to see those TFs that are absent in MT5 for more details.

Valery (Valmars), do you think it makes sense, in terms of complexity of repackaging, to offer you to re-do this indicator in MQL5? The previous one, translated by you, works very well!)

Files: