Strategy tester (question for the future) - page 2

getch:

Dear developers, do I understand correctly, that in an EA for the Strategy Tester we will not need to implement a large number of checks of intra-platform nuances, like in the case of online trading?

I.e., writing an EA in the Strategy Tester is much easier (as compared to the EA in MQL4) than in real trading. The checking of ideas in the tester will not be hampered by "bureaucratization" .

P.S. The prospect that the Expert Advisor can be modified and improved in order to transfer it from the Strategy Tester to a real EA is very frustrating. The number of pitfalls has increased (again, compared to MQL4+MT4). And they are not obvious at this stage.

Although the tester has more "guaranteed" conditions by default, we purposely added the possibility to select the aggressiveness of the market during testing.

It will allow developers to catch market problems (especially requotes and slippages) right in the tester adding error handlers in time.

It means that Expert Advisors will become more stable and of higher quality. If an Expert Advisor will pass the most aggressive market mode without any problems, it means that it has more chances not to break down in the real market.

Renat, thank you for your reply. However I meant not the peculiarities of real execution, but intra-platform nuances of MQL5 - "bureaucratization". These are all sorts of checks of data availability, synchronization, delays, etc. I.e. it is the intra-platform nuances that appeared with MT5+MQL5.

I understand correctly, that there will be no problems with data accessibility in the tester, delays in calculations, etc., because the tester takes care of everything?

getch:

Am I right in assuming that there will be no problems in the tester with data availability, calculation delays, etc., as the tester will take care of everything?

Yes, the environment tester will simulate accurately and on time.

But I think you've made a good point with the addition of another stress test mode by issuing a delayed history.

Renat писал(а) :

But I think you have thrown in a good idea with the addition of another stress testing mode by issuing history with delays.

So two stress tests:

1. trade order execution.
  2. technical nuances.

Good that you are willing to develop your product with third-party suggestions as well.

Perhaps answer here about the suggestion to visualise charts with holes and the suggestion to overlay the Equity tester on the chart of a trading instrument.

Can you tell me which of my wishes are included and which are not:

1. the level of sensitivity of the genetic algorithm - the less, the more detailed the selection

2. more conditions for selection (sorting), including a personally derived formula!!!

3. turn on/turn off the cells (2D-view) during optimization to get rid of obviously unnecessary passes

4. Stops Optimization and saves it to be able to continue later, as well as saves it every 5 min to protect from crashes.

5. possibility to specify related parameters, i.e. which depend on each other, so that the tester would understand that not one but two or three parameters coincided at once, and would not waste time on finding out what coincided with what...

6. The ability to separate the tester from the main window, because space is often lacking, and for the second monitor have to put the second MT (and in general need a button to open the graph in a separate window)

7. the inclusion of turning off the publication on its website at each new peak of the passage (otherwise you have to write such a thing for each EA)

8. not two, but three or more colours for two-dimensional preview, with setting of transition levels for each colour

9. a choice of a sound signal for each new peak of the passage (you're tired of every time, "Well, is there any...")

sergeev:
promised in February :)

who promised? Father Christmas? I can't think of anything else... I can't think of anything else to do... that wasn't possible in MT5

the concept is ready, in theory everything already works... need a tester, need a tester, need a tester... nerve wracking ))))

March 8, where's Father Christmas with a tester for MT5, or at least The Snow Maiden if it's a women's holiday ...

S4kam писал(а) :

who promised? Father Christmas? I can't think of anything else... I'm looking forward to the research... that wasn't possible in MT5

the concept is ready, in theory everything already works... need a tester, need a tester, need a tester... nerve wracking ))))

March 8, where's Father Christmas with a tester for MT5, or at least The Snow Maiden if it's a feminine holiday...

I will start using 5 only after the release of the tester. So I don't have to wait and languish. For to mess around with the idea and not test it is the same as having a beauty without fireworks.

..... nerves ok )))

Dear developers, any new information on the strategy tester, when to expect the release ?

BoSyA писал(а) # :

Dear developers, is there any new information on the strategy tester, when should we expect the release?

It's coming soon - we're finalising the trading functions, the rest is ready.
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции - Документация по MQL5

Renat писал(а) # :
It won't be long now - we're finalising the trading functions, and the rest is ready.
Renat, could you tell us more about the tester's functionality? Will it be possible to load chart data and trade data from your own text files for example ?