Strategy tester (question for the future) - page 6

I would like an answer to the following question:

Will it be possible to open charts in the tester (all of them or at the user's choice) with the history of trades of those instruments which were involved in the multi-currency test?

Kos:

Will it be possible to open charts in the tester (all of them or at the user's choice) with the history of trades of those instruments which were involved in the multi-currency test?

Visual testing is on its way, at least one chart will be implemented (about the multicurrency mode - ask the developers)...

Kos:

Will there be an option of opening charts in the tester (all of them or optional) with the history of deals of instruments that were used in multicurrency testing?

Yes, at the end of the single test we will automatically open the chart with all deals and indicators used.

We will probably make sure that the charts, on the symbols of which we have traded, will also open.

Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartOpen
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartOpen
  • www.mql5.com
Операции с графиками / ChartOpen - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

We will probably make sure that the charts whose symbols were traded will also open.

In this case I would like to express my wish in relation to the interface of the terminal, namely - all charts of instruments that open after the test somehow indicate in the panel of switching charts (highlight the font, add an icon......, etc. at your discretion according to the general ergonomics of the interface), it would be very convenient to orient among the many open windows of instruments.

Renat:

Yes, in the next build, at the end of the single test, a chart will automatically open with the trades placed and indicators used.

We will probably make sure that the charts, on the symbols of which the trades were made, will also open.

There is an additional request:

mt4 had a great visualisation... but ! only on one TIMFrame and one pair

is it realistic to make visualization in mt5 Optionally ?

i.e. not a forced choice, i may mark [x] some tools i need to visualize as well as those needed for the visualization

and only they will be opened in visual mode!

i want to test an advisor working on one pair, but i want to see 2 or 3 timeframes or more

or when I test some tools and see some pairs

( large monitors are not rare ) for example I have 30, 2560x1600

--

another big disadvantage of MT5 and MT4 is that the chart windows cannot be moved to different monitors

Unfortunately, I can only open charts inside the main window...

the main MT window cannot be stretched because monitors have different resolutions

( competing platforms allow to open charts outside the main window )

although i predict - this drawback - will not be fixed

Comrades moderators, can you please tell me when the test visualisation will appear?

vasya_vasya:

Comrades moderators, can you please tell me when the testing visualisation will appear?
We are working in this direction - that's all we can say for now.

I've been playing around with my assistant in the EXPERT... all is good... I wish I could get the visualisation I've been promised for inner confidence... and if possible a more accurate speed selection than the one in 4... not by ticks but by time.

The OnTester() function should be able to easily obtain the values "Profit", "Profitability", "Expected payoff", "Equity drawdown", "Balance drawdown", "Recovery factor", "Sharpe ratio". Sharpe Factor". I have already calculated them in the Strategy Tester. I do not know how to access them directly. May be someone will prompt?

At the moment I am interested in "Profit" (well, it's easy, of course) and "Drawdown on the balance".

Thank you!

alexvd:
We are working towards that - that's all we can say for now.
It's been five months since this reply.
Tell me if there is anything more definite to say, because it's so hard without visualisation, believe me...
Maybe at least some initial "raw" version has emerged in this timeframe,
or if we're being honest have we just started working in this direction?