Strategy tester - page 9

jmiller:

1. Is there any way to disable local kernels?

It would be nice to have such a feature. I, for example, am comfortable working on a laptop, and 100% load of the laptop's processor creates uncomfortable fan noise.

2. Are there any plans to release the tester for Linux? It would be possible to perform optimization on RISC systems.

I join to this question! Are you planning to make agents work on linux? ... and that everything works on linux ... :?

stringo:
It is planned. I can't give you a timeline.

At least give me a quarter. I hope we will not have to wait for a year.

Transferring trades to the chart from the tester when to expect?

Without these two features, we can only test primitive Expert Advisors. The need for distributed computing becomes obsolete at this stage.

Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Заработать деньги, продавая мощности своего компьютера для сети распределенных вычислений MQL5 Cloud Network

No one forbids to do perversions, you can write all deals to a file, then transfer them to a chart.

In order not to make noise during testing and not to warm up laptop I put minimum multiplier and voltage on proce with RightMark CPU, power dualcore at 0.8 GHz is quite enough for most tasks. And you can bring the tester to the desktop PC via network.

RISC - unpromising even itanium curtailed, although the implementation of the tester on CUDA probably too is not planned. Even if there will be a tester for linux it will not be in raw, so RISC is out of the question.

It would be nice to have a "Change Expert" button, like the MT4 tester, for quick access.

It wouldn't hurt to implement a pause when optimising and testing.

Market simulation model - "All ticks", "Control points" or what?

I can't seem to get the results of the optimisation. During the process everything is there. As soon as it's over: the results are gone--all clear.

Erm955:

I can't seem to get the results of the optimisation. During the process everything is there. As soon as it's over: the results are gone--everything's clean.

This is because the tester hangs up after the test ends. I have to restart the test to reset it and the previous results disappear.

I think they will fix it on Monday.

--

This brings me to mind: Renat, since at the start of a new test previous results are lost, please make at the start of a new test (as well as when you exit their terminal) request to save the previous results (if they are not saved) ! To avoid losing important results obtained during many hours of optimization. You can offer to save them right after the optimization is completed.

The logic is simple: if the optimization is useful/important/necessary, then its results must be valuable, right?

// This can be added to MT4 as well.

MetaDriver:

This brings me to mind: Renat, since the previous results are lost when you start a new test, please make a request to save the previous results (if they are available and not saved) when you start a new test (as well as when you exit the terminal) ! To avoid losing important results obtained during many hours of optimization. You can also offer to save them right after the optimization is completed.

The logic here is simple: if optimization is useful/important/necessary, its results are probably also valuable?

Yes, the results of the previous tests will be saved and you will be able to download them later for analysis.

Renat:
Yes, we will save the results of previous tests and allow them to be uploaded for analysis at a later date.
OK, great!

Renat:
Yes, we will save the results of previous tests and allow them to be downloaded later for analysis.

If it could also save intermediate results and recover from failures, that would be great. I've seen cases of blue screen after few days of optimization (overheating) with overclocked i7.

I read about MT5, it takes my breath away! Debugger, cloud computing.... ugh!