Wishes for MT5 - page 5

alexey_petrov:

You can disable showing of trade levels in the terminal settings:

Tools -> Options -> Charts -> uncheck Show trade levels

I know about it!

The point is that I want to see the position but not to change it, i.e. I need the possibility to disable reaction on stop and profit levels shifting.

There is no option here: no prices = no bars.

The technical arguments have been made repeatedly over the last 9 years in our forums.

FlyAgaric:

I tend to support MetaDriver's opinion. No trade does not mean no price. If in doubt look at M1 & M5 charts. There are as many bars there as you want without shadows when Open == Close. None of the indicators do not fall down, even those that use volumes in their calculations.
For the calculation of more complex indicators than all sorts of MA and the like, a regular time scale for TF < W1 is essential.
We can go another way - to use as the X-axis not the index number of the bar, but its time. But that would be like scratching your left ear with your right hand.

In conclusion I am attaching a couple of equations that describe changes of EUR/USD quotes when TF == MN:
1. y=+1.35499478-0.00694580598*x+3.99997669E-05*x^2, where x is an event (ordinal bar number from 0 to 199)
2. y=+1.35500981-0.000228190604*x+4.31716847E-08*x^2 , where x is the event (serial number of the bar in days from the beginning of the quote from 0 to 6058).

Thank you for your attention and sorry for taking up your time.

Renat:

There are no options here: no prices = no bars.

The technical arguments have been made many times over the last 9 years on our forums.

I continue to think that the problem is broader than that.

If there are no ticks, there are no ticks. Tick volume=0. but the price in the market is known ! just hasn't changed.

Sorento:

To continue MetaDriver's suggestion I would like to remind the topic of the correct representation of the timeline in the future.

Having information about the trading time of an instrument, we should delete the periods with missing data from the scale.

Then the geometrical constructions will be correct.

Don't say anything about it.

You can draw future graphical constructions - for example, mark the intersection point of two lines.

and see how it changes its coordinates at least every week.

The subject of correct scaling and synchronisation is a headache for MT.

And it's an unfortunate fact that the developers once again don't want to notice. :(

Renat:

In MetaTrader 5 spreads are stored in each minute bar and used by the tester.

Question: If a spread changes within a minute, what is max or min recorded in the history?

And another small question, may developers add to MT the possibility to receive tick history, at least for a week, or for a week, even without displaying it on the chart (software access), there are many indulators that are displayed incorrectly without real volumes, and for them a minute is a rather long time interval.

Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.

Why can't the trawl be put on hold immediately?

Renat:

There are no options here: no prices = no bars.

Technical arguments have been made many times over the last 9 years on our forums.

Renat! In my memory, when the topic was once again discussed with the developers (namely the developers) about missing bars in four, the final answer of the developers that ended the discussion was: "In four we will not change it - too deeply embedded in the ideology. Sounded just like a promise to fix it all in five. :)

What are the technical arguments? You are developing the terminal for traders, not for developers. And traders have real problems. The breakdown of prices into bars, which is now accepted at this historic moment (I mean the high speed of trading and ubiquitous automation, unattainable in former times), looks VERY debatable.Maybe we should re-discuss it? Seriously, I don't see any technically unsolvable, or even intractable problems in this place. It's just that the synchronisation of quotes (inter-currency) is now entrusted to the applicants. Completely. Yes even from a frankly bad starting point. I am not even speaking about technical difficulties of such synchronization (try writing a simple correctly working example of a multi-currency indicator!), but all this mess slows down a lot.

Let's put it this way: no new prices = no ticks = old prices. There are prices = there are bars. It is quite logical. And indicators (for example, wipers) show TRUE calculation results. And there are no inter-currency collisions - same index = same time. This is exactly what sane traders need. And the rest will listen to the sane one way or another anyway, you don't have to worry about that.

As for the "drawing protocol" (what exactly to do at the beginning of each minute) these are all issues that can be resolved. Ask us and take away the most sensible suggestions after discussion. That's all.

Answer please!

Построение мультивалютного индикатора с применением множества промежуточных индикаторных буферов
Построение мультивалютного индикатора с применением множества промежуточных индикаторных буферов
  • Alexey Klenov
  • www.mql5.com
В последнее время возрос интерес к кластерному анализу рынка FOREX. MQL5 открывает новые возможности исследования закономерностей движения валютных пар. Важным преимуществом MQL5, по сравнению с MQL4, является возможность использования неограниченного количества индикаторных буферов. В данной статье описан пример построения мультивалютного индикатора.

MetaDriver:

Renat! In my memory, when the topic was once again discussed with the developers (exactly the developers) about the missed bars in the four, the final answer of the developers that ended the discussion,

I wonder who you are talking to now?

was, "We're not going to redo it in four - it's too deeply embedded in the ideology." It sounded just like a promise to fix the whole thing in five. :)

I assure you, that's what you wanted to hear.

Renat:

I assure you, that's what you wanted to hear.

Perhaps. :) I believed in your sanity then. I still don't quite...

Shall we discuss it, Renate?

MetaDriver:

So shall we discuss it, Renat?

I didn't mention 9 years of practical experience in this matter for nothing - this topic is closed.

tayny:

and why can't you put a trawl on the delay right away?

Sorry, missed it - will be in the next build.