Wishes for MT5 - page 49

Yedelkin:

I learned it in two ways. First I got acquainted with the EventChartCustom - OnChartEvent combination using an example of a simple collection of indicator signals from foreign symbols. At the same time, the Expert Advisor did not work with the ticks of its own symbol, the Ontick() function in the code of the Expert Advisor was commented out. When running the EA in the tester, I found that the travel time differs depending on which symbol is attached to the EA. See, for example, the example below. With the same optimization parameters the pass times are noticeably different.

Check OnChartEvent operation in the tester. As far as I know, it hasn't been implemented in the tester yet.

Lizar:
Check OnChartEvent operation in the tester. As far as I know, so far its work in the tester is not implemented.

Yes, I've already searched for user concerns about OnChartEvent() working in the tester. ---

Enjoyed reading your article on the subject of working with custom events. Thanks for the clear presentation of the idea and food for thought!!!

Addendum. Removed the information in the tester work part.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Типы событий графика
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Типы событий графика
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Типы событий графика - Документация по MQL5

Yedelkin:

Yes, I have already searched for user concerns about OnChartEvent() in the tester. But as you can see, events from indicators working with alien characters do occur :). And I was very pleased with it. See the last insert here (EA stands on the cross symbol, analogues of "spies" read signals from the major symbols).

Good, if OnChartEvent() worked in the tester. Haven't looked in a while, I'll check it out.

Enjoyed reading your article on working with custom events. Thanks for the clear presentation of the idea and food for thought!!!

Thanks for appreciating the idea.

Lizar:

Good, if OnChartEvent() worked in the tester. Haven't looked in a while, I'll check.

It's not just an idea, it's a breakthrough! :)

Yedelkin:
It's not just an idea - it's a breakthrough! :)
:)) I'd have to agree.

Lizar:

Good, if OnChartEvent() worked in the tester. Haven't looked in a while, I'll check.

In 384 it seems not, at least I could not get it to work in the tester (and almost 200 different events are handled).

Interesting:
I don't think so in 384, at least I was not able to get it to work in the tester (and it handles almost 200 different events).

I don't know, I also have 384 build. The working principle is simple: there is a working indicator, its handles are programmatically hanged to three alien symbols, and the EventChartCustom function sends a signal to the Expert Advisor that OnCalculate() function has finished processing the next tick for each of these alien symbols.

Yedelkin:

I don't know, I also have 384 build. The essence of the work is simple: there is a working indicator, whose handles are programmatically hanged to three alien symbols, and the EventChartCustom function sends a signal to the Expert Advisor that the OnCalculate() function has finished processing the next tick for each of these alien symbols.

The thing is that everything works as it should in the demo, but there is no response in the tester...

Events in my case are generated not in indices, but in the Expert Advisor itself (or rather in procedures and functions of classes included in modules of that EA).

Interesting:

So the thing is, in the demo everything works as it should, but in the tester it doesn't work...

Events are generated in the Expert Advisor itself (or rather in procedures and functions of classes that are part of modules of the Expert Advisor), but not in indices.

OK, I understand the problem. I will have a look.

Interesting:
I don't think so in 384, at least I couldn't get it to work in the tester (and there are almost 200 different events being processed).
I see. They will do it soon.