Wishes for MT5 - page 21

Rosh писал(а) :
Not like this. Configure the chart as needed and save it as a template named default.tpl. Now all newly opened charts will have the same colour setting and sketched indicators.
That's it. Now it's clear. But will it be obvious for new MT5 users? After all, usually the manual is read only if nothing else helps, and in general - intuitively or quite learned to use the previous experience. But I have to admit that it is not very nice to bother the developers with questions that are already covered in manuals.

Thank you again for such a long and detailed list of faults and requests. They have already been entered into our service desk.

We are now concentrating our efforts on the release of the first version of the tester and will return to your points afterwards.

A cheerful graphical object behaves like an animate object: it starts willy-nilly flirting with the user when the user touches it and moves it around. It has micro-self-distortions, it doesn't depend on bars and magnetization to extremums at all. Please make the graphical objects obedient.

I don't get it... but I'm pretty sure there's a lot of these things living inside mt5

I have not had a chance to do it in my platform (though I suppose I could create a copy of MT5 and experiment, but this experiment is not very clean, because MT5 is not available anywhere and is tested only on the one platform - MetaQuotes), so I do not know for sure if such a possibility is already implemented or not. If not, it would accelerate much the handling of third-party indicators, scripts, Expert Advisors and EAs, as well as the possibility of dragging them (both one or more marked ones) from one terminal to another (another brokerage company). I know for sure that in MT4 I have to copy the same third party products to the corresponding folders, reload each terminal and only then start using them.

Also I don't have any third-party indicators or scripts for MT5 and I don't know if I can copy them directly from the disk using the explorer, but I think it would be very useful to introduce this feature, if it is still missing.

I may be hopelessly out of touch, but what I saw seemed to me very unfamiliar. The website has a description of the Pivot indicator with support and resistance levels, but in the standard set of MT5 indicators I could not see it. I have not found it on the MT5 side yet, but I use it on MT4 for a long time. Since when, I wonder, does the official website describe a third-party indicator? I have never encountered anything like that before. Or it is a kind of future plan and this indicator will be soon released with MT5 as a standard one?

But that's not what we're actually talking about. I will now read about what others have already read here. I will speak about a problem in MT4, but I have no reason to believe that the situation will improve fundamentally in MT5, and therefore this discussion is appropriate in this thread with an eye to the future.

I have noticed different readings of one and the same indicator in terminals of different brokerage companies. Well, if there is a difference of +/-5 points in the candlesticks, it is not a problem - Stochastic, Moving Averages, Bollinger and many others will lie so insignificantly that a user will not notice these differences visually or physically. But, speaking about, for example, the third-party indicator Pivot fur D1und W1.mq4, I can tell that due to the difference of closing and opening times of trades the difference of indicator readings is so considerable (especially on Mondays, though not only), that you automatically turn back to the wall knocking over chairs and touching porcelain plates inadvertently. If you know the principle of work of this indicator you will not be surprised, but you will still have a problem. The difference is so large that it cannot be ignored, and it is unclear which DC we should trust and at whose levels the same currency pair should trample.

So far I can't see any solution other than a trivial downloading of the missing weekend bars from some common place (like Deutsche Bank or where they encrypt the weekends? - But this is also problematic, because the quotes of every broker, bank or broker are their property and nobody will just take them away. However, there are also software algorithmic methods for rebuilding missing bars, but they are very unreliable/inaccurate.

Such terrible inconsistencies can be observed in charts, whose separate and most dissimilar simultaneous candlesticks differ very insignificantly, while the overall appearance of the chart is almost identical. When indicator distortions are linearly proportional to the difference in pips in candlestick extrema, it is both more understandable and less dangerous; But when the difference between pips of candlesticks and readings of the same indicator at different brokerage companies diverges by the whole order or depends not on price fluctuations and/or spread from brokerage companies to brokerage companies, but on other factors and circumstances (like asynchronous closing/opening of markets at very different closing/opening prices followed by different weekend gaps as a result), then we face a logical question about usefulness of some TA indicators...

Such is the case, brother.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Ценовые константы - Документация по MQL5
Files:

x100intraday:

I may be hopelessly out of touch, but what I saw seemed to me very unfamiliar. The website has a description of the Pivot indicator with support and resistance levels, but in the standard set of MT5 indicators I could not see it. I have not found it on the MT5 side yet, but I use it on MT4 for a long time. Since when, I wonder, does the official website describe a third-party indicator? I have never encountered anything like that before. Or it is a kind of future plan and this indicator will be soon introduced in the MT5 release?

The CodeBase section has been open for a long time- anyone can post their codes.

The PivotPoint indicator(original) is published by user okh:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                        Pivot.mq5 |
//|                                              Copyright 2010, okh |
//|                                             csharp.okh@gmail.com |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
#property copyright "2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.mql5.com"

If you mean the copyright and link property strings, they are default values from the MQL Wizard that can always be changed when creating an indicator, and in this case the author didn't change them.

Another example - the WoodiesCCI indicator, you won't find in the standard delivery, it is published by Dimitri.

If you have written something interesting in MQL5, you can also post your codes in CodeBase.

x100intraday:

I also don't have any third-party indicators or scripts for MT5 and I don't know if it is possible to drop selected ones into the terminal directly from the drive from Explorer, but I find it very useful to introduce such a feature if it is still missing.

I support you, it's a good idea ;)

I never compiled anything in MT4, but I was pleased to see that today I compiled a pivot indicator in the MT5 script editor and did not even reboot the terminal - the compiled indicator appeared in the list by itself. However, for some reason it did not want to appear in uncompiled form, even after restarting the terminal, although MT4 sees such things even in the source code.

I hope I didn't say anything silly, it seemed that way. So, dear developers, if I didn't lie, it would be wise to fix such things in MT5 as well.

IGGL писал(а) :

I believe that zooming in and out on any axis should be done easily with a mouse, both upwards and downwards. This, of course, assumes little discreteness, as we still need to have neat scales and candlesticks. The developers of Trading Station "spit on" the perfect neatness of candlesticks (for example, candlestick shadows may "stick out" from the centre of the candlestick body), which is not good, but with adaptive scales, and this is the main thing, they have everything perfect, including background and font size, in any manipulation with charts.

I am convinced that the price scale should not just be a set of equidistant values, but a set of multiples of 10, 100, 1000, etc. The more round, the better. Risks on the scale are not irrelevant. The vast majority of software products having scales and all measuring tools are based on this principle. Open any product that has scales (for example, Microsoft Word) to see this. As far as tools for traders are concerned, this is especially important because round numbers have a special "magic" attraction. Fortunately for me, the developers of Trading Station understand this very well, as well as many other obvious things. In Trading Station it is very difficult to "blink" a round number. In MT4 I did it all the time. Speaking of attraction, it seems that USD/CAD will soon reach 1.0000 - the "magnet" is very strong.

Agreed. As far as I remember, Trading Station supports so smooth discreteness that one can easily compress the chart to infinity, being on only one selected TF, as if squeezing an accordion. Frankly speaking, if you have long and strong compressing, you will have to compress and uncompress as much, but it is your own responsibility and awareness. Sometimes a strong graph compression is necessary due to individual specific considerations (everyone goes crazy in his/her own way) to provide deeper coverage and subsequent review without going to more solid TFs. For example, it may be the current thickness of the candlestick bodies and the simultaneous wide view that is important to the user here. In MT, in order to see a large panorama, it is necessary to get to a higher TF, or even to narrow the candlestick's width to the limit. And sometimes one wants more and more...

The idea about the risks is reasonable. If we want round numbers, we should use a bigger font on the scale (at least for the price one in Y). We can use the analogy with risks that should have a long line - for two zeros at the end of the price value (regardless of the pair and its ratio - whether it is five-digit, like EUR/USD, or three-digit, like EUR/JPY), medium - for 50, small - for others. Here too, let the numerical values be a font of three different sizes.