Wishes for MT5 - page 53

Erm955:

Here is an interesting question - why does an EA have to be attached to any chart at all? In MT5 it is kind of an anachronism. We have a table of Expert Advisors and that's enough!

Then we'd better introduce a new category of programs, the managers (in addition to the existing three scripts, indicator EAs).

The managers will be able to start and stop the necessary scripts, indicators and advisors, and get a list of all the threads and their order.

Right! Simply, asymmetric ideology (there is a main symbol and side symbols) generates some artificial crutches (spyware, etc. - no offence to LIZAR). You feed all ticks to your Expert Advisor (with the parameter-symbol) and do what you want with them. It turns out that MT5 is a kind of transitional model from single currency to multi-currency.

If I wanted to get an access to this matrix, I could get a normal access to the MarketBookAdd and MarketBookrelease functions. I would like to get normal access, so as not to reinvent the wheel

Trolls:
Is it possible to have something similar for forex. I mean access to the market overview ? the functions of working with this matrix, because somehow the terminal updates the information there, and it is collected in a convenient form, even seems to have a small tick history. It would be nice to have normal access, so as not to re-invent the wheel.
It's all there - look under Getting Market Information

Renat:
It's all there - look under Getting Market Information

there is no such thing. You're not paying attention...once again the EA (indicator) is attached to the chart and is triggered by the event that came into this chart... A less successful solution for multicurrency analysis is shown in the article Implementing Multicurrency Mode.

Can you make OnTick() be triggered not only by the selected symbol's tick, but by any tick. And the user (programmer) selects those instruments (events ... ticks) he/she needs for analysis.

I just wanted to show you that it would be more convenient to attach the Expert Advisor not to the chart but to the "Market Watch" window ...

Trolls:

there is no such thing. You're not paying attention...once again the EA (indicator) is attached to the chart and is triggered by the event that came into this chart... A less successful solution for multicurrency analysis is shown in the article Implementing Multicurrency Mode.

Can you make OnTick() be triggered not only by the selected symbol's tick, but by any tick. And the user (programmer) selects those tools (events ... ticks) he/she needs for analysis.

I just wanted to show you that it would be more convenient to attach the Expert Advisor not to the chart but to the "Market Watch" window ...

The Expert Advisor should be attached to the chart and only to the chart, that's how it works. MQL threading, trade events processing with parameters (in OnTrade), ticks processing for all symbols (OnTick with parameters) and many other things are wishes for the future.

Maybe something will be taken into account and some changes will be introduced in the architecture of MT5.

But generally speaking relate it to the wishes for MT6...

Urain:

Then it would be better to introduce a new category of programs, managers (in addition to the three already existing scripts indicator EA).

The managers will be able to start and stop the required scripts, indicators and advisors, and get a list of all the threads and their sequence.

Interesting idea.

Dear developers! I suggest adding the following methods to the CTrade standard library class:

1)PositionIncrease - increase the position;

2) PositionDecrease - reduce the position;

3) PositionReverse - position reversal;

I would like to ask the public and the developers to express their opinions on the pros and cons. In case of positive feedback, I suggest writing to ServiceDesk, section "wishes".

Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартная библиотека - Документация по MQL5

-Alexey-:

Dear developers! I suggest adding the following methods to the CTrade standard library class:

1)PositionIncrease - increase the position;

2) PositionDecrease - reduce the position;

3) PositionReverse - position reversal;

I would like to ask the public and the developers to express their opinions on the pros and cons. In the case of positive feedback, I suggest writing to ServiceDesk, section "wishes".

Do you need changes in the base class? In my opinion, this can easily be done by anyone in the descendant of the base class (according to their own logic).

Besides, where's the "meat" of these very methods (for example, in the form of CTrade descendant)?

Interesting:

...this can easily be done by anyone in a descendant of a base class...

Not everyone. Not even every programmer. Only those who know OOP peculiarities.