Naive beginner's strategies. - page 6

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I generally believe that TA refers only to the methods set forth in the TA books, and no other TA exists in nature).

The rest is just mathematics. Say, time series analysis. Why is TA here?

Here is the definition of TA:

Technical analysis is a statistical-mathematical analysis of previous quotes with prediction of subsequent prices.

Who agrees with it?

I was thinking that the main thing to do was to study the theory of Forex and the market:
Forex is not a science and it's not a scientific conference. If it seems to you personally senseless, just write that this is your opinion. I even wonder what do you think it makes sense to discuss? NS - "black boxes" - as you put it or what)).

No matter what I wrote, there are those who understand everything and those who are still in the 1st stage, like you, it is useless to explain something to such people (I was like this a few years ago Chooooo so).

Read everything I'm writing carefully, I'm not just writing for fun, the way you think now is the way everyone on the 1-3 circles of hell think, 1 in 1, just like a copy. When you get out of them you will realize you have been cheated, but you must go through them.)

Then you will Chooooo what kind of TA. Well, it always makes sense to discuss anything, as long as you do not fanaticism.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You know the answer about the infantile method of market analysis;)

Approximate chain of events of a trader's formation:

1. classical thechanalysis, fundamental analysis

2. indicators

3. martingale

4. analysis of volumes, different bulletins

5. correlation analysis, pair trading

6. arbitrage

7. hft, market depth analysis

8. leveraging machines in a broad sense (I am here now, having passed all the previous ones)

9.... n... maybe there are new unexplored horizons

machine leerning ) everyone has his own classification ... it seems to you that it is the most advanced version ... but to me it is the top of naivety ... a useless intellectual toy for people with a technical mindset to occupy their brain ...

and is on 1. of this chain.

ps: in general, a reasonable person in a broad sense (not only mathematical) will not make unambiguous conclusions in such a ghostly sphere as trading ...

but a lot of people and now you take on the role of a guru and teacher....

it's not for you to decide who is at what stage.... and not everyone considers machine-learning the top of the trading pyramid... for many stockbrokers it's just an object for condescending laughter and an example of obvious stupidity....

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

No matter what I wrote, there are those who understand everything and those who are still in the 1st stage, like you, it is useless to explain something to such people (I was the same a few years ago Chooooo so).

Read everything I'm writing carefully, I'm not just writing for fun, the way you think now is the way everyone on the 1-3 circles of hell think, 1 in 1, just like a copy. And when you get out of them, you will realize that you were cheated, but they need to pass them).

Then you will Choooo what kind of TA. Well, it always makes sense to discuss anything, the main thing is not fanaticism.

Yeah, yeah, yeah)) We'll read you more carefully.

nowi:

it's not for you to decide who is at what stage .... and not everyone considers machine-learning the top of the trading pyramid...including many stockbrokers it's just an object for condescending laughter and an example of obvious foolishness....

The 1st is naive and self-righteous, referring to mythical authorities to reinforce the significance of one's assertion.

A reasonable person always draws unambiguous conclusions, that's why he is reasonable.

I don't know if you can change the list any way you want, but it would look very silly if you put the same machine-learning in the first place, you just can't start with it while you're still no boom-boom in trading, there's nothing to teach the machines :)

nowi:

machine learning ) everyone has his own classification ... you think it's the most advanced version ... to me it's the height of naivety ... a useless toy of intellectuals to occupy the brain of people with a technical mind ...

and is on 1. of this chain...

PS: and in general a reasonable person in a broad sense (not only mathematical) will not make unambiguous conclusions in such a ghostly field as trading...

but many and now you take on the role of a guru and teacher....

you don't decide who is at what stage.... and not everyone considers machine-learning the top of the trading pyramid... for many stockbrokers it's just an object for condescending laughter and an example of obvious stupidity....

There is one professor at MSU on machine learning. Every year he asks the same question to his students - why do you not drive a Bentley?)

Dmitry Belov:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.) Let's read you more carefully

I never write anything bad and do not wish any harm to anybody )

nowi:

...And not everyone considers machine-learning the top of the trading pyramid... ... Andfor many trading pros it's just an object for condescending laughter and an example of obvious stupidity... ....

It seems to be true...

How appropriate is the use of machine learning in trading?

When there is a scarcity of information about what is happening in the market, one has to navigate and make decisions based on price history alone. At the same time, the surprising "undemanding" nature of most traders to obtain enriching information and access to a variety of market data to make good trading decisions is also surprising. Do they have a desire to see the full picture of the world? And even having seen it, can they understand it? In trading, we judge the world by looking at it through a keyhole. And we take it for granted. After many years of trading, don't traders feel how little information they have to make the right decisions? Don't they realize that this is what causes "losses"?

MO is, in itself, a tool. Like any tool, it can be as effective as any other if it is used for its intended purpose. Was it invented to predict the future? Suppose we use it for that, but if we "feed" it patterns from freshly brewed coffee instead of price history, will the quality of the predictions change? It seems to me that it won't...( This is just an example of using the tool inappropriately.

I'll make it even simpler:

There is a proverbial expression of the "stock gurus": "price includes everything!" (saying that nothing but the price is needed for making decisions). That's right, the price includes everything, because it is a consequence. As we move from it to the cause, we realize that the cause is the world revolving around the sun, with countless factors. All of these factors affect price, and each has its own "coefficient of influence. Thus price, is a consequence, which is infinitely poorer than its cause, and we, swarming through the insane density of "compressed" factors do not "uncompress" them. The story of one price, without understanding even the basic reasons that created it, without meaningful information, is useless to make good decisions.

MO is a technical tool and prediction is clearly not its best application. A real business has to be meaningful. And so does trading.

imho).

I saw the movie Bankrupt.
There some traders believed the connection of market crashes with climate data.
But I'd like to study it.

Tag Konow:

Seems to be true...

How appropriate is the use of machine learning in trading?

When there is a scarcity of information about what is happening in the market, one has to navigate and make decisions based on price history alone. At the same time, the surprising "undemanding" nature of most traders to obtain enriching information and access to a variety of market data to make good trading decisions is also surprising. Do they have a desire to see the full picture of the world? And even having seen it, can they understand it? In trading, we judge the world by looking at it through a keyhole. And we take it for granted. After many years of trading, don't traders feel how little information they have to make the right decisions? Don't they realize that this is what causes "losses"?

MO is, in itself, a tool. Like any tool, it can be as effective as any other if it is used for its intended purpose. Was it invented to predict the future? Suppose we use it for that, but if we "feed" it patterns from freshly brewed coffee instead of price history, will the quality of the predictions change? It seems to me that it won't...( This is just an example of using the tool in the wrong way.

I'll make it even simpler:

There is a proverbial expression of the "stock gurus": "price includes everything!" (saying that nothing but the price is needed for making decisions). True, the price includes everything, because it is a consequence. As we move from it to the cause, we realize that the cause is the world revolving around the sun, with countless factors. All of these factors affect price, and each has its own "coefficient of influence. Thus price, is a consequence, which is infinitely poorer than its cause, and we, swarming through the insane density of "compressed" factors do not "uncompress" them. The story of one price, without understanding even the basic reasons that created it, without information enriched with meaning, is useless for making good decisions.

MO is a technical tool and prediction is clearly not its best application. A real business has to be meaningful. And so does trading.

imho)

Very sensible, colleague. This is the problem with IRs for trading - what to teach them, then what to test them on, and finally find out that in the present it is different and nothing works)). Of course, large funds have mathematicians that use IR quite successfully, but their qualification is too high for an ordinary trader - we, most traders, are too high.)