Naive beginner's strategies. - page 2

khorosh:

My first Expert Advisor was based on the use of three MAs. When the fastest one was between the other two, it entered the market. Then I was first convinced that the Expert Advisor showing good results in the test started losing money outside the optimization period. And I understood that the idea of fitting МА periods to market fluctuations is in itself incorrect because market fluctuations are not stationary and as soon as the mismatching of the set MA periods with the market fluctuations starts, the expert advisor starts to lose. Since then I have had a negative attitude to use several MAs in Expert Advisors as basic indicators for signal generation. However, I still use МА in some Expert Advisors, but only as an auxiliary tool.

Thank you. It means the blind belief in МА efficiency by itself is an integral part of an "infantile" beginner's view.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Maxim Dmitrievsky: "Ludomania" is when a man looks at the chart and thinks - I would buy here and sell here and earn 500%, and he thinks that sooner or later he will be lucky anyway, and he inserts. ) It's a strategy based on gambling, using any tool at hand - whether it's a trend line or an indicator.

Great. Let's write down "addiction" as well).

I wonder, when we will gather enough "naivety" (research material), what portrait of a trader we will see?

Retag Konow:

I wonder, when we gather enough "naivete", what portrait of a trader will we see?

Unpromising)

A well-known strategy for beginners - it is usually taught in trading courses. Two muwings: one muwing of period 55, the other muwing of period 8. At crossing of moving curves either sell or buy. They trade on H4. During a trend they earn on this strategy, and during a flat all earned money is safely poured out. But this strategy sounds convincing from the teacher (supposedly, the guru of trading).

Reg Konow:

Great. Let's write down "addiction" as well).

I wonder, when we gather enough "naivete" (research material), what portrait of a trader will we see?

The most interesting thing is that the stages of formation do not depend on how stupid or clever a person is... All go through approximately the same, or stop at some more or less acceptable variant. For example, I read newbies forum threads and just see that they are +- doing the same thing that I did before, and how high they still have to climb, if they only knew )) Moreover, when I start to learn some new topic, I google on forum and find examples or discussion 100%, that is all that trader wouldn't try to implement - everything has already been done by others to a greater or lesser extent.

HBT29:

Unpromising)

I hope there are no people who generalize all this in themselves.

Victor Ziborov:

A well-known strategy for beginners - it is usually taught in trading courses. Two muwings: one muwing of period 55, the other muwing of period 8. At crossing of moving curves either sell or buy. They trade on H4. During a trend they earn on this strategy, and during a flat all earned money is safely poured out. But this strategy sounds convincing from the teacher (supposedly, the trading guru).

The motivation of the "trading guru" is clear, but how do they avoid testing? After all, the result of the strategy will be immediately visible. Or may we speak only about manual trading?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

The most interesting thing is that the stages of formation do not depend on how stupid or clever a person is... All go through approximately the same or stop at some more or less acceptable variant. For example, I read newbies threads on the forum and I see that they are +- doing the same thing that I did before, and how high they still have to climb, if they only knew )) Moreover, when I start to learn some new topic, I google on forum and find examples or discussion 100%, that is all that trader wouldn't try to implement - everything has already been done by others to a greater or lesser extent.

This period of becoming a trader is very interesting.

It's interesting how attitudes change and approaches are redefined.

In my opinion, practice grinds everything out. Some people are slower, others faster, but in my opinion, there is no other scenario of intellectual growth.

Reg Konow:

This period of becoming a trader is very interesting.

At the end, if I have been in the market, for example, for 7 years or so, the information for my needs becomes less and less, i.e. at a certain stage there is a possibility to appear in informational vacuum and start to be engaged in pure creativity, sometimes meeting lifeless bodies of conquerors of the same peaks who have run out of oxygen for further ascent :) At this stage the trader experiences an enormous overload purely physically, on the background of the lack of ideas and new information, and he is all alone, since he has gone too far and there is no one to help. And then someone may get a second wind and reach his goal, because he can't go back, too much is at stake. And someone will not be able to, and then he will be extremely frustrated, probably retire from business... but he will never forget about the market.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

At the end if I've been on the market, for example, for 7 years or so there is less and less information for my needs, i.e. at a certain stage there is a variant to appear in informational vacuum and start to be engaged in pure creativity, sometimes meeting lifeless bodies of conquerors of the same peaks who have run out of oxygen for further ascent :) At this stage the trader experiences an enormous overload purely physically, on the background of the lack of ideas and new information, and he is all alone, since he has gone too far and there is no one to help. And then someone may get a second wind and reach his goal, because there is no way back, too much is at stake.

beautifully put.