Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 2337

elibrarius:
Clean the matrix itself? Some covariance coefficients will change slightly. What will it do?

We should clean the data from the noise.

data through the matrix, will give less overfit

I dug a lot of awesome stuff on top of that, didn't have time to study it yet

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

data through the matrix, will give less overfit

I've found a lot of other great stuff besides this one, but didn't have time to study it yet

I am not strong in python. But I didn't see anything in the code (sections 2.6 - 2.8), where the data itself is corrected by the denoising matrix.

elibrarius:
I'm not good at Python. But I didn't see anything in the code (sections 2.6 - 2.8), where the data itself is corrected by the denoised matrix.

I haven't got into details yet, here is a much clearer description

https://hudson-and-thames-portfoliolab.readthedocs-hosted.com/en/latest/estimators/risk_estimators.html#de-noising-and-de-toning-covariance-correlation-matrix

SectionDe-noising and De-toning Covariance/Correlation Mat rix

This is probably more suitable for portfolio strategies

Risk Estimators — portfoliolab 0.2.0 documentation
  • hudson-and-thames-portfoliolab.readthedocs-hosted.com
Risk is a very important part of finance and the performance of large number of investment strategies are dependent on the efficient estimation of underlying portfolio risk. There are different ways of representing risk but the most widely used is a covariance matrix. This means that an accurate calculation of the covariances is essential for...

With this R, people were stirred up, while Python is the perfect language for reserch. It's a good thing I didn't succumb

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I haven't looked into it in detail yet, but here's a clearer description

https://hudson-and-thames-portfoliolab.readthedocs-hosted.com/en/latest/estimators/risk_estimators.html#de-noising-and-de-toning-covariance-correlation-matrix

De-noising and De-toning Covariance/Correlation Matrix

This is probably more suitable for portfolio strategies

I didn't see any correction of the data here either.
I do not see correction of data here either.)

elibrarius:

Here, too, did not see the correction of the data itself.
Apparently it seemed)

Obviously there is an inverse transformation to this. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Машинное обучение против финансовой математики: проблемы и решения
Машинное обучение против финансовой математики: проблемы и решения
  • dou.ua
Всем привет! Так получилось, что я уже около семи лет занимаюсь машинным обучением. В последние несколько из них я как исследователь и CTO Neurons Lab часто работаю с финансовыми данными в рамках проектов, связанных с инвестиционным менеджментом и алгоритмическим трейдингом. Чаще всего клиенты приходят с текущими стратегиями, которые нужно...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Obviously, there is an inverse transformation to this. Otherwise there is no point.

I don't see it in the code(
Maybe they just drop the correlated (after de-noising) instruments from the portfolio... They keep talking about portfolios.

elibrarius:
You can't see it in the code(
Maybe they're just dropping correlated (after de-noising) instruments from the portfolio... They keep talking about portfolios.

I think it's all called Agglomerative Filtering\clustering. I can't say anything without studying the subject, but it's interesting :)

the codes in his book are copies of arxiv papers

Mikhail Mishanin:
Applied Prado fan article https://dou.ua/lenta/articles/ml-vs-financial-math/

Yes, but there is no mention of filtration