Problem with XAUUSD suffix

Tried to subscribe to a signal which only uses XAUUSD, but the signal warned my broker IC Markets did not have this symbol.

In fact ICM does, but it is named XAUUSD.a because it is IC Markets Australia.

Any Australian traders run into this problem and do signals work for currency pairs which have the .a suffix?

TIA

It's the problem with signals.

you need to have in your broker, the same "NAME" between the signal and the broker.

It' that why, in my signals, i put the link to my partner broker to avoid this problem.

Australian or not, it's the same problem in all the world

Benjamin Claude Henri Paul Ruaux #:
It's the problem with signals.

you need to have in your broker, the same "NAME" between the signal and the broker.

It' that why, in my signals, i put the link to my partner broker to avoid this problem.

Australian or not, it's the same problem in all the world

Or...maybe you can "create" a hybrid symbol with the name of the "signal broker" with a link to the XAUUSD.a

In some brokers, you can do this.

https://www.metatrader5.com/fr/releasenotes/terminal/1459

TradeProle7:

Tried to subscribe to a signal which only uses XAUUSD, but the signal warned my broker IC Markets did not have this symbol.

In fact ICM does, but it is named XAUUSD.a because it is IC Markets Australia.

Any Australian traders run into this problem and do signals work for currency pairs which have the .a suffix?

TIA

If it is related to the mapping so read post for details.
Signal copying for 'XXXXXX' is prohibited"
Signal copying for 'XXXXXX' is prohibited"
  • www.mql5.com
Hi guys, I've subscribed for a signal and my log looks like this - error messages of every trade that it tries to sync...

It depends on your broker. I should choose same broker has many benefits.