How to FileRead a specific Excel cell?

Hello MQL5 Forum Members!

Does anyone know how to FIleRead a specific cell from an Excel CSV file? I have seen a lot of discussion about simply reading data from a csv file, but nothing about reading from a specific cell (unless I'm missing something).

Here is the function I wrote to read a csv file, but I need to get the data from a specific cell:

void GetData();

{

int handle = FileOpen(“Excel Dashboard.csv”, FILE_READ|FILE_CSV);

if(handle == INVALID_HANDLE)

{Print(“Invalid Handle”_; return;}

else

{

NewBalance = FileReadNumber (handle);

FileClose(handle);

}

}
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Other Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Other Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Other Constants - Named Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

SGLJ1967: , but nothing about reading from a specific cell
  1. Please edit your (original) post and use the CODE button (Alt-S)! (For large amounts of code, attach it.)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum (2019)
              Messages Editor

2. Your code only reads the first cell. For a specific cell you must read all fields on the line(s) until you have read the specific line.

William Roeder #:
  1. Please edit your (original) post and use the CODE button (Alt-S)! (For large amounts of code, attach it.)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum (2019)
              Messages Editor

2. Your code only reads the first cell. For a specific cell you must read all fields on the line(s) until you have read the specific line.

William,

I have edit the original post to bring into compliance with the general rules and best practices.

Obviously, I'm out of my depth, but appreciate any help you are willing to provide. I'm not quite understanding the code necessary to accomplish " For a specific cell you must read all fields on the line(s) until you have read the specific line." Help, please?

Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
          No free help (2017)

Or pay someone. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
          Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting).
          No free help (2017)

William Roeder #:

Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
          No free help (2017)

Or pay someone. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
          Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting).
          No free help (2017)

William,

Got it done. Thanks!