MQL4 Market: failed to load products (get header failed [12150]) blank pages in markets - page 4

I don't understand guys how you work around a problem with the .dat files.

Tried a hundered of combinations yesterday.

I have an older version of MT4, say Dec 2021. All the .dat files are there, all works with Market. But then Liveupdate comes in, erases it for Jan or March 2023, depending on the broker (I've tried a few MT4 packages, including a vanilla one). Then after update Market no longer works, we also see that the big .dat files in C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community are erased and the size of .market.dat becomes 5 Mb instead of 300+ Mb from previously. When I bring the original big .dat files back to replace these new ones and restart the terminal, the market is still not working anymore. Obviously enough, because the newer MT doesn't understand these older .dat files.

I've also tried to block updates with /skipupdate, replacing WebInstall folder with a read-only file literally all over the place in the operating system. But then the terminal tries to update, hangs, and silently exits. Restart, tries to update again, hang, exit, and so on and so on countless.

It's quite bizzare to be honest.

The bug has been fixed. Restart your terminal and check the Market.

If your Market is still empty, do the following:

1. Close your MetaTrader 4 terminal
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete mql4.market.en.dat
  4. Open MetaTrader 4 terminal
  5. Go to Market tab and wait 5-10 seconds until the new database is downloaded

These steps above (from Alexey Petrov #32) worked perfectly for me, thanks again Alexey!

Alexey Petrov #:

The bug has been fixed. Restart your terminal and check the Market.

If your Market is still empty, do the following:

1. Close your MetaTrader 4 terminal
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete mql4.market.en.dat
  4. Open MetaTrader 4 terminal
  5. Go to Market tab and wait 5-10 seconds until the new database is downloaded

Thanks for a prompt update, I believe the (server) bug was fixed. Market works now on a vanilla MT4 install out of the box.

So how do we block updates of Metatrader so that this issue doesn't happen in the future and, at least, we have some control over what's happening? None of the old-days methods to block updates work anymore.

Flexor #:

Thanks for a prompt update, I believe the (server) bug was fixed. Market works now on a vanilla MT4 install out of the box.

So how do we block updates of Metatrader so that this issue doesn't happen in the future and, at least, we have some control over what's happening? None of the old-days methods to block updates work anymore.

This wasn't a MT4 build bug, becauce it wasn't fixed with an update.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

This wasn't a MT4 build bug, becauce it wasn't fixed with an update.

I find it's not this simple. Though the fix was on the server side, but I discovered that older versions of Metatrader kept working with their older .dat files without trying to corrupt the .dat file, until MT forces to upgrade, which is usually a few minutes :) So in my view this bug is a combination of a server problem but related to newer versions of MT.

Flexor #: I find it's not this simple. Though the fix was on the server side, but I discovered that older versions of Metatrader kept working with their older .dat files without trying to corrupt the .dat file, until MT forces to upgrade, which is usually a few minutes :) So in my view this bug is a combination of a server problem but related to newer versions of MT.

You are mixing apples and oranges. This issue has nothing to do with different builds.

EDIT: Besides, the current MT4 official build 1370 was released 11th January 2023.

Flexor #:

I find it's not this simple. Though the fix was on the server side, but I discovered that older versions of Metatrader kept working with their older .dat files without trying to corrupt the .dat file, until MT forces to upgrade, which is usually a few minutes :) So in my view this bug is a combination of a server problem but related to newer versions of MT.

In any case (and leaving aside what the error was), we cannot advise you on how to block updates and any information in this regard will be deleted.

it seems solved to me too, now I see the various products on the market. unfortunately I can't see the products I bought

Luca Rossi #:
it seems solved to me too, now I see the various products on the market. unfortunately I can't see the products I bought
Are you correctly connected with your mql5 community account ? Post your Journal log.