Discussion of article "Manual charting and trading toolkit (Part II). Chart graphics drawing tools"

New article Manual charting and trading toolkit (Part II). Chart graphics drawing tools has been published:

This is the next article within the series, in which I show how I created a convenient library for manual application of chart graphics by utilizing keyboard shortcuts. The tools used include straight lines and their combinations. In this part, we will view how the drawing tools are applied using the functions described in the first part. The library can be connected to any Expert Advisor or indicator which will greatly simplify the charting tasks. This solution DOES NOT use external dlls, while all the commands are implemented using built-in MQL tools.

I believe that a trend line can carry a double load.

On the one hand, it shows a limit on the rate of price change ("not faster", if the price is below the line, or "not slower", if the price is above the line).

On the other hand, if the straight line is limited in price and time (is not a ray), then it can indicate levels (both prices and time). Of course, we could use a rectangle or something else for these purposes, but a diagonal line is clearer, in my opinion.

So, I have modified modify the CGraphics::DrawTrendLine function. First, the line now continues into the future for a limited amount of time, thus indicating the estimated price. Secondly, for clarity, I have added usual levels - horizontal and vertical.

It looks like this:

Limited trend lines

Of course, the length of the line (how many times the total length is greater than the distance between the initial points), the number of bars for extreme values and other features of the straight line are configured in the EA parameters.

Author: Oleh Fedorov

good job for you . but im price action trader can you create one of indicator with text marking ,im many waste the time front of chart only marking with text. ihave indicator but not showing text option. https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/701432-color-levels-indicator

Getting a bunch of errors when I try to compile the MQ4 version 

Jagg:
Getting a bunch of errors when I try to compile the MQ4 version 
It's very big surprise for me, because I was testing it when posting, and I use this library  by myself right now...

I'll try to repair it shortly...

fainzslanasaputra:
good job for you . but im price action trader can you create one of indicator with text marking ,im many waste the time front of chart only marking with text. ihave indicator but not showing text option. https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/701432-color-levels-indicator

I can but  I need more information. What concretely do you need? We can continue our discussion in private or by the "Personal order" (my login name is "certain")...

I have some works with price action, may be it will be useful for you...

Oleh Fedorov:
It's very big surprise for me, because I was testing it when posting, and I use this library  by myself right now...

I'll try to repair it shortly...
There are some problems with space symbols in comments... Try to remove spaces between variables and comments in those strings where compiler write "Declaration without type". Right version of file was sending to moderator, so I suppose he will attache it to article as soon as he can.

Oleh Fedorov:
There are some problems with space symbols in comments... Try to remove spaces between variables and comments in those strings where compiler write "Declaration without type". Right version of file was sending to moderator, so I suppose he will attache it to article as soon as he can.

compiled after removing spaces/comments - thanks