Martingale experience - page 4

Marco vd Heijden:
Jan Tarnogrocki:

You increase p of winning trades if you decrease the TP. But it decreases the average win per trade as much as it increases the occurrence of winning trades.

Edit: If you need more trades for the same result it is even worse. You have to pay more trading fees then. 

The real question then becomes can it still be called Martingale ? Because its a modified and hybrid or evolved version.

Hi, Marco and Jan

Thank you for your continuing support.

I did a small test by my EA to confirm your discuss. 

* Conditions: I only have several EA could pass past 10~20 years stress test, so the sample is very limited and actually all of them are not pure martingale. I choose one of my favorite which coded in lower increase for every open position, but not double increase. And I used to use it as grid. 

* Result: I tried to reduce the TP 50%. Then the profit for around 10 years will reduce around 30%(I thought it could increase but it didn't), and the chance of open total heavy lot also reduce 30%. Which means it will have lower chance to blow up. When I tested it as grid, the hold time for total heavy lot doesn't change so much. 

The sample is only one EA, so this test could say nothing. 

Just an information sharing. 

Best regards,

Sky