Meta 4 Meta 5

BarryMeta4 2020.04.19 01:18

1Hello at MQL15

I have messaged you before on this matter and would be very grateful if you could assist in sorting out my mess.

Firstly, I am not already trading Forex so I am a learner. The trading service I plan to follow uses MT4. When I had my first attempt at downloading MT4 I downloaded MT5, I thought by mistake but it seems this is not the case despite the link on your website saying download MT4. The email address I used was  barry@tuiestate.co.nz

Conscious of wanting MT4 I tried again but I had to provide another email address: barry.hop22@gmail this produced a second user and password. On the second time attempt I also ended up with MT5

I then tried to link MT5 to my brokerage at Interactive Brokers and in following the instructions it appeared I did not have an MT platform to link with. So I tried to download again. In short I have got nowhere and am confused as to what user an password you haver in the system. Is it  barryhopMT4 or BarryMeta4. When I opened account 27785926 and attempted to provide user and password it must have been incorrect but another opportunity was not given.

Questions: Why can I not download MT4 ? Is MT5 markedly different to MT4 ? Can you delete email barry@tuiestate.co.nz from your system so I can use again for a fresh download.

Maybe you could delete everything in the system under the above user and emails and I start a fresh download.  Is it possible to download MT4 and if so could you provide the link

I look forward to hearing from you. With thanks Barry Hopkinson

BarryMeta4
BarryMeta4
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

You can download and install Metatrader 4 from the broker's website.
There are many brokers who are supporting MT4 so you can use their website to download it.

You do not need any email address to download and install MT4 and MT5.

BarryMeta4 is your profile here on the forum (and in mql5 portal in general).
Your profile has nothing to do with any ytrading account and any accounts openning by your for MT4 or MT5.

If you want to open trading account so you can use the following -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Which broker should i use ?

Sergey Golubev, 2020.03.21 16:47

Market is closed during the weekends so the price is not moved in Metatrader because of that.

MetaTrader 4 Help
MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
For making a decision to trade, reliable on-line information is necessary. For that, quotes and news are delivered at the terminal in the real-time mode. On basis of on-line delivered quotes, it is possible to analyze markets using technical indicators and line studies. Expert advisors allow to work off routine of observing markets and the own...

If you had used this (before posting,) you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.04.31

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.29

Or the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - MT4 - General - MQL5 programming forum #2