Experts: Milestone - page 38

trevone:
Silvio:
trevone:
i have looked and looked for a very good ea. i bought 7 highly reputable eas but none of them are satisfactory. dammit why do i have i have to do all the hard work? why cant i just buy a nice EA and get on with my life? i guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. arggggh! its back to work.

Hi Trevone,

If you need some help let it me know. You can send me the code and I can look over it or help testing or whatever you want. I've experience in programming and sometimes see 4 eyes more than 2. Together we are strong :-)

how about I give you the ea to check for bugs before the release, its very close to the next version. then I need optimized settings for the 17 pairs. then i have a vps where things are, a website where other things are and I want to integrate the backtesting from vps to website as well as getting the auto update settings feature working from the set file webpage where everything posts their best settings and lastly a feature that will overide trading by the head trader here on mql4 appointed by me. ok. can you handle that?

I will try my best. At first I can look over it and optimize the pairs.

my email adress is: silvio.schmieder@web.de

forexsam:
trevone:
forexsam:

Treverone,

I am looking trough the Code for 22.5 and documenting the logic inside, however, I don't want to do too much if 23.X is greatly different. May I assume that the SignalA and SignalB logic are the same but that the big changes are in the Trade Management? Would you be willing to send me just the top half of the code so that I can transfer my documentation?

Thanks,

FS

i am not sure what youre trying to achieve

Before I trust real money to an EA, I like to understand the logic of it. So, I make notes/comments in the code for easier understanding. Like below. Actually I have found your implementation of Trend opposite of what I would have expected. In the end, I have no problem sharing it with the community, though initially it is for my own interest.

FS

// Has it been Bullish or Bearish for the past so many bars...Has it been in the Trend for a little while.
   for( int i = 0; i < TrendBars; i++ ) {
      if( i < SpikeCount && MathAbs( Close[i] - Open[i] ) > CandleSpike * pipPoints ) spike = true; 
      MA1Curi = iMA( NULL, MATimeFrame, MA1Period, MMAShift, MODE_SMMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, i );   
      MA2Curi = iMA( NULL, MATimeFrame, MA2Period, MMAShift, MODE_SMMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, i );   
      if( MA2Curi < MA1Curi ) bullishi = false;  
      if( MA2Curi > MA1Curi ) bearishi = false; 
   }    
   if( ( ( SignalFrontA && totalTrades == 0 ) || ( SignalBackA && totalTrades > 0 ) ) && ( ( SignalAStartHour < SignalAEndHour && Hour() >= SignalAStartHour && Hour() < SignalAEndHour ) || ( SignalAStartHour > SignalAEndHour && ( ( Hour() <= SignalAEndHour && Hour() >= 0 ) || ( Hour() <= 23 && Hour() >= SignalAStartHour ) ) ) ) ){       
      signalComment = "SignalA"; 
      if( ( ( AvoidSpikes && !spike ) || !AvoidSpikes ) && ( ( TrueRange && eATR > MinRange * pipPoints ) || !TrueRange ) ){ 
// Looking for Bullish in the Long Term, but Bearish in the Short Term...test for a reversal.
         if( trendStrength > MinTrend * pipPoints && trendStrength < MaxTrend * pipPoints && bullishi && !bearishi && Close[0] < Open[0] && Close[0] < Low[1] ) bearish = true;
         if( trendStrength < -MinTrend * pipPoints && trendStrength > -MaxTrend * pipPoints && bearishi && !bullishi && Close[0] > Open[0] && Close[0] > High[1] ) bullish = true; 
      }    
   } 

forexsam,

This is an excellent idea. It will be great if you can do this for the rest of the code sometime in the future.

I am not a MQL4 progarmmer but has some knowledge in another language. This will help me immensely to interpret Trevone's code. I am sure there will be many others who will benefit by this.

Cheers

i'm a programmer too. i will be honored to do something.

just contact me if found me trust able. email: mouzhecc@gmail.com

Hi Trevone,

A big 'congratulations' for the work done!

I have been testing and backtesting 22.5 with very good results (EURUSD 5min). There is however a big (unrealised) drawdown which may be scary at first but never gets realised.

Before going on a live account there are some more things I need to check. I would like your opinion on one issue (maybe trivial for experienced live EA traders):

The EA (like any EA I guess) should be running on MT4 (connected to the broker's server) on a 24/7 continuous basis I suppose? What would happen if the server connection (or MT4 connection) fails and it is reconnected after some hours (or days?); Will the opened positions before the disconnection be managed by the EA again after reconnection (e.g. closed if needed)?

Thank you for your opinion on this.

Best regards

Xavier

PS/ do you have any feedback from people going live with 22.5?

xavier40:

Hi Trevone,

A big 'congratulations' for the work done!

I have been testing and backtesting 22.5 with very good results (EURUSD 5min). There is however a big (unrealised) drawdown which may be scary at first but never gets realised.

Before going on a live account there are some more things I need to check. I would like your opinion on one issue (maybe trivial for experienced live EA traders):

The EA (like any EA I guess) should be running on MT4 (connected to the broker's server) on a 24/7 continuous basis I suppose? What would happen if the server connection (or MT4 connection) fails and it is reconnected after some hours (or days?); Will the opened positions before the disconnection be managed by the EA again after reconnection (e.g. closed if needed)?

Thank you for your opinion on this.

Best regards

Xavier

PS/ do you have any feedback from people going live with 22.5?

Yes it will be managed again.

Regards Silvio

Hey guys, may be anyone of u can explain to me what the marked sentence below means? my english isnt the best and only with a dictionary i am not able to understand what it exactly means.

thx guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hard stop is basically your normally stop placed on the server, not matter what thats the price your trade is out. the idea behind it is

the opposite to milestones curve fitting money management, where with milestone the smaller and more frequent your profits are the more
likely to have bigger draw downs and the hard stop technique is opposite the smaller and more frequent your stops are the more likely you
are to have large profits. only place the stop when in profit ( i use 2 market congestion levels before the hard stop ) and the stop is NOT trailing.
once the trade has a stop in place you can consider that 100% risk free and enter a new position on the same trend with the profit from the previous potions only a bigger
lot size and also a stop. you take your profits when you are fat with greed. very simple,
very effective and low low draw downs. You only use this when you are certain of a trend like last nite. yeah its going to be the next EA.

Silvio:Hi Silvio, if you like to optimize one platform for 17 pair, may not going to work as good as other pair. I do have one EA expl, run eur/usd pair USA market time and run usd/jpj pair Asian market time. If I could make suggestion we could put different trading time and setting for each pair, but need to program the milestone for such option.
trevone:
Silvio:
trevone:
i have looked and looked for a very good ea. i bought 7 highly reputable eas but none of them are satisfactory. dammit why do i have i have to do all the hard work? why cant i just buy a nice EA and get on with my life? i guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. arggggh! its back to work.

Hi Trevone,

If you need some help let it me know. You can send me the code and I can look over it or help testing or whatever you want. I've experience in programming and sometimes see 4 eyes more than 2. Together we are strong :-)

how about I give you the ea to check for bugs before the release, its very close to the next version. then I need optimized settings for the 17 pairs. then i have a vps where things are, a website where other things are and I want to integrate the backtesting from vps to website as well as getting the auto update settings feature working from the set file webpage where everything posts their best settings and lastly a feature that will overide trading by the head trader here on mql4 appointed by me. ok. can you handle that?

mik2013:
Silvio:Hi Silvio, if you like to optimize one platform for 17 pair, may not going to work as good as other pair. I do have one EA expl, run eur/usd pair USA market time and run usd/jpj pair Asian market time. If I could make suggestion we could put different trading time and setting for each pair, but need to program the milestone for such option.
trevone:
Silvio:
trevone:

Hi Trevone,

Ok. We can do so. I must see the code first to understand it completely.

Hi Trevone,

a big thank you and congratulations for your work, which I appreciate and thank you for a good man.

I would like to ask whether version 4.3 eu / jpy and 11.1.eu/usd can work every sám.Provedl I change Megic and I feel that even though it is preferred shop 4.3?! Vyzuálně would also traded at 11.1, but it is not.

Thank you again and I appreciate the real experts!!

Sorry for the English, but I try what I can ... You know Czech Republic, thank yo

Hi Trevone,

I am live testing the milestone 3.2 for 3-4 month.

Now I have a big problem, the EA not working this year!In last year work good and in this year it just stop working and I dont know what is the problem.

If I backtest it from 01.01.2014 its still not doing anything.

Can you help me with this??

Thank you verry much Trevone and have a nice day :).

Best regards