Experts: Milestone - page 14

Too many questions people. I have a final push till the holidays and then I will answer some of these questions. There are few users on this forum that know quite a bit about Milestone, please look for those users in this thread and ask them your questions if I dont respond.

CaptainChris77:
fhunter:

Hi, thanks for your apply. I have noticed that. However, when hedge is disabled, the account is definite to bust very soon. I read the src code. Disabling the hedge simply disables the backsystem function. And obviously, the backsystem has done something useful. The code is too complicated for me to make it work. So i am here to ask for further help. Thanks.

Hi fhunter, no, the backupsystem will perform also with Hedge disabled, however depending on other parameters it might not kick in straight away. I recommend backtesting v4.3 or 5.2 just to see the backups in work, and that general idea still applies in 18 and 20 although with different invoking. As for going bust: show me anything fully automated that doesn't. With the right setting trevones incredible work spins for 9 months on average (in my tests, others get even farther), piling up quite a nice profit before, yes, going up in a big cloud of smoke.

Thanks very much. Your explanation is very useful to me. I shall study more about the backsystem.

i quite agree that the ea is really incredable. thank you, trevone.

hasib:

Trevone sir . I have some question about this ea. Is this ea open trade with all broker. Is default setting is the best setting. I want to just change lot size of 18.2 ea . can I do it . in you yearly performance I see lot size is increase when balance is increase what should I do for it . your yearly performance is real account performance ? Can I use 18.2 with $200 real 5 digit account . Inform me . Thank you .

Hello Hasib, you can use this EA with any broker that allows EAs, however to use hedging as introduced in the later versions your broker must allow that, too and not all do. Otherwise, look at the specs trevone gives up top on this page and be mindful that a few things in the EA will be fixed lateron . The lot size is automatically adjusted by the EA to fit the risk that you specify in the MarginUsage parameter by assigning portions of your balance. The higher you set that, the higher you lot size will be. For the same reason the lot size increases over time as your balance increases. Use in tester before setting real money to see how to best tune this, the parameter is NOT a 1:1 equivalent to lot size but risk! (Btw, using the tester is a good idea in general, it answers many a question right away). And lastly: How much money you are betting is up to you. Use 20, 200, 2000, 2 Million, whatever. I recommend not to start below 500 on a microaccount, and use money that you are prepared to loose.

You have many notes regarding hedging and stop I tried to run live and back testing, sorry does not work. Make no difference what number I put in the "relative stop" or enable these functions. Looks bug in it only take gain does not take loss and end up big losses.Mike.

mik2013:
You have many notes regarding hedging and stop I tried to run live and back testing, sorry does not work. Make no difference what number I put in the "relative stop" or enable these functions. Looks bug in it only take gain does not take loss and end up big losses.Mike.

nah mik, youre not trying hard enough, I did not draw those graphs with photoshop.

mik2013:

I agree with you so many DD

trevone sir, in the news parameter..what does it mean by NewsStartHour & NewsEndHour?? Since every broker have different GMT time based on their country..do i have to adjust it to specify the time of news???

atris90:
trevone sir, in the news parameter..what does it mean by NewsStartHour & NewsEndHour?? Since every broker have different GMT time based on their country..do i have to adjust it to specify the time of news???

that versions old and all that has been deprecated now. i have done quite a few fixes and enhancements and removed features including that. sorry but i will be dropping all current versions in the next couple of days so best not worry bout these anymore.

Can't wait for the next version of milestone..really anticipate..i've been using 18.2 ver. the big bucks..since then,great performance..intelligent trading system..cheers trevone..may GOD bless u :)

Trevone, my hero!

I've tested it and running live on a vps in ny with an ecn account.

Superb results. Average daily gain: +- $1200,- / 40pips.

Thanks and if it is still profitable in 2014, i will donate huge!