Experts: Milestone - page 16

Dear Trevone

This is an extremely stunning EA. Thank you for your work!!

However it seems to me that the EA (20.5) is closing other trades from the same symbol. If I'm not completely wrong, its because the managePosition function is not selecting the trades by the magicnumber (only per the symbol).
I don't now if this was intendet by you. If I would use this EA on a live account then I would change this.

Is this your intendet way of the EA?

Thank you

Bobele

bobele:

Dear Trevone

This is an extremely stunning EA. Thank you for your work!!

However it seems to me that the EA (20.5) is closing other trades from the same symbol. If I'm not completely wrong, its because the managePosition function is not selecting the trades by the magicnumber (only per the symbol).
I don't now if this was intendet by you. If I would use this EA on a live account then I would change this.

Is this your intendet way of the EA?

Thank you

Bobele

Thanks Bobele, you are correct, the next version has the magic number for identifying trades and will be released this weekend.

I have a running joke with Milestone, its not worth trading any other EA while using Milestone. But I understand why its necessary.

shawnnny:
trevone:
shawnnny:

Hi, I'm getting errors with lot size of 0.01. What are the values/settings that I have to change accordingly if I would like to increase the lot size to "1".

Thanks!

MinLots

Thanks. I did change the MinLots to 1, but I noticed that changing the MinLots changes the Take Profit in Pip. I've captured the MinLots examples below from 0.5 to 1 for your reference. With the original setting of 0.01 I'm sure the Pips profit will be way more than 16 pips. I hope you understand what I mean by changing the MinLots size and other relevant settings without affecting the trading characteristics, the difference should just be the size of profit or lost not the total pips.

MinLots 0.5 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3594 for a profit of 16 pips

MinLots 0.6 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3597 for a profit of 13 pips

MinLots 0.7 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3598 for a profit of 12 pips

MinLots 0.8 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3600 for a profit of 10 pips

MinLots 0.9 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3601 for a profit of 9 pips

MinLots 1 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3602 for a profit of 8 pips

if you want to trades really big with Milestone then you must leave me out of it, I do not want to feel responsible for the fall of an Empire. However my advice for something like that would be to obtain yourself an account that can do 0.01 lot precision and 3 to 5 digits on the charts and you can still trade 1 lot per trade, I do that at times but its bad for my health the last one I nearly had a heart attack.

trevone:
shawnnny:
trevone:
shawnnny:

Hi, I'm getting errors with lot size of 0.01. What are the values/settings that I have to change accordingly if I would like to increase the lot size to "1".

Thanks!

MinLots

Thanks. I did change the MinLots to 1, but I noticed that changing the MinLots changes the Take Profit in Pip. I've captured the MinLots examples below from 0.5 to 1 for your reference. With the original setting of 0.01 I'm sure the Pips profit will be way more than 16 pips. I hope you understand what I mean by changing the MinLots size and other relevant settings without affecting the trading characteristics, the difference should just be the size of profit or lost not the total pips.

MinLots 0.5 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3594 for a profit of 16 pips

MinLots 0.6 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3597 for a profit of 13 pips

MinLots 0.7 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3598 for a profit of 12 pips

MinLots 0.8 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3600 for a profit of 10 pips

MinLots 0.9 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3601 for a profit of 9 pips

MinLots 1 - Sell at 1.3610 and Close at 1.3602 for a profit of 8 pips

if you want to trades really big with Milestone then you must leave me out of it, I do not want to feel responsible for the fall of an Empire. However my advice for something like that would be to obtain yourself an account that can do 0.01 lot precision and 3 to 5 digits on the charts and you can still trade 1 lot per trade, I do that at times but its bad for my health the last one I nearly had a heart attack.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not using MinLots size of 1 for live trading. I do not have that much capital to lose. The reason I'm adjusting the default value is due to the error I'm experiencing and changing it to 0.5 and onwards solves the problem. I'm not able to see Milestone in actual backtesting action and by mucking around with the MinLots seems to change its original behavior as mentioned earlier. I would really appreciate it if you could just hint to me which variables are required to be changed/adjusted. Some variables have explanation but some don't.

Innate:

This looks very promising. Thank you for sharing your work.

Since Travone is busy maybe someone else could help me please, as I am having trouble getting the EA working.

Over 7000 downloads and no one else has asked so its obviously me...

After downloading I have

• copied Milestone 20.5 (MQ4 and EX4 files) into experts folder,
  • copied milestone_calandar (MQ4 & EX4 files) into the Indicators folder
  • restarted MT4
  • In MT4 Under Options/Experts I have selected enable experts
  • Drag and dropped Milestone 20.5 onto the chart (eurusd m5)
  • Allowed DLL imports, and Live Trading etc
  • Smiley face appears - but no action...
Tried back testing and forward testing but no joy. Must be something simple. Could some one help me out please? I have other EA's running fine...

(running a demo account on Alpari UK)

Thank you kindly.

trevone:
Innate:

This looks very promising. Thank you for sharing your work.

Since Travone is busy maybe someone else could help me please, as I am having trouble getting the EA working.

Over 7000 downloads and no one else has asked so its obviously me...

After downloading I have

• copied Milestone 20.5 (MQ4 and EX4 files) into experts folder,
  • copied milestone_calandar (MQ4 & EX4 files) into the Indicators folder
  • restarted MT4
  • In MT4 Under Options/Experts I have selected enable experts
  • Drag and dropped Milestone 20.5 onto the chart (eurusd m5)
  • Allowed DLL imports, and Live Trading etc
  • Smiley face appears - but no action...
Tried back testing and forward testing but no joy. Must be something simple. Could some one help me out please? I have other EA's running fine...

(running a demo account on Alpari UK)

Thank you kindly.

tell me what your account settings are, eg leverage, contract size, digits etc.

I use a micro account contract size 1000 leverage 400 digits 5.

additionally there is a MaxSpread setting make sure if that is true the max spread is acceptable for the pair

Got it going. I think I had a corrupted file (possible because I emailed from work to home..?) I re-downloaded from the site directly to my machine and no probs.

I spent a good few hours last night studying Milestone. Whilst I see some serious potential here I must give a major warning to anyone running this live. It will blow up, its unavoidable in its current form (not that Travone hasn't warned you!). And it seems very difficult to take your money out of the account before that happens.

The EA's greatest strength is its greatest weakness. i.e no stops.

You need stronger signals to enter the direction of the trade, all too often the EA enters against the trend. Most of the time price returns to profit, just not always. When price doesnt return to profit, bye bye account.

Keep up the good work. I will have a harder look at the code tonight.

Seasons Greetings! Everyone. I have posted the update you should get it soon. Version 22.3 has a lot to be discovered, surprises.

trevone:
Seasons Greetings! Everyone. I have posted the update you should get it soon. Version 22.3 has a lot to be discovered, surprises.

OMG!!! Trevone your the best!!! :)

Hi Trevone,

First my compliments of keeping the good work.!!!You still trying to make all us rich :-)

I am curious about the new version. I trade by hand know with metatrader and the result are fine by me, but it is easier with an EA. But i can't build an EA.

I hope that my input (a couple of weeks ago) has helped you to build the new version.

I certainly gone test it, do you also descripe how to handle the new version?

From Holland i wish you happy days ahead (christmas)!!!

Greetings

Devke

Wow!! the 22.3 version seems more simple & well descripted..

in 20.5, it has 4 types of signals..

now only 2 types..

"less is more" people!!

Wonderful masterpiece sir trevone..BRAVO :)

but may i ask..why the default setting for SignalFront B is set to false?? intensionally???

atris90:

Wow!! the 22.3 version seems more simple & well descripted..

in 20.5, it has 4 types of signals..

now only 2 types..

"less is more" people!!

Wonderful masterpiece sir trevone..BRAVO :)

but may i ask..why the default setting for SignalFront B is set to false?? intensionally???

yes intentionally, this is also my conclusion of what signals are generally more profitable across all pairs and timeframes. signal a looks for an entry after a nice trend. given the default money management settings its unlikely to go bust. SignalB is typically going with the trend and the problem with going with the trend is every bit of space in the market has support and resistance and hence more likely to have bigger drawdowns. wheres signal A is the opposite and taking trades when it bounces off these levels.....blah blah etc....