Best approach to UI in MT4

Hi there,

I've been working on my first EA over the last few months and it's now working well :) As is inevitable, I'd like to add some ways of interacting with the EA that is not really covered by the properties dialogue. These would be inputs to enable semi-automated trading. I've spent quite a bit of time Googling UI-based threads in MT4 and there is a great initiative started at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2125 but, from being both MT4 and MT5, it suddenly dropped support for MT4 without any real explanation that I can see. I've reached out to the author but so far had no response.

The UI I want to create isn't too sophisticated. Some user inputs, option buttons and standard buttons in a panel that can be hidden/shown in the same anchored location on the chart. The library mentioned above may well be total overkill for what I initially require but it would have been nice to have a complete solution.

So, for now, I wondered what might be the best approach for what I need right now? If anyone has any advice or recommendations, I'd very much appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Geester:

Hi there,

I've been working on my first EA over the last few months and it's now working well :) As is inevitable, I'd like to add some ways of interacting with the EA that is not really covered by the properties dialogue. These would be inputs to enable semi-automated trading. I've spent quite a bit of time Googling UI-based threads in MT4 and there is a great initiative started at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2125 but, from being both MT4 and MT5, it suddenly dropped support for MT4 without any real explanation that I can see. I've reached out to the author but so far had no response.

The UI I want to create isn't too sophisticated. Some user inputs, option buttons and standard buttons in a panel that can be hidden/shown in the same anchored location on the chart. The library mentioned above may well be total overkill for what I initially require but it would have been nice to have a complete solution.

So, for now, I wondered what might be the best approach for what I need right now? If anyone has any advice or recommendations, I'd very much appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Your best approach would be to create classes for each UI Object and just go from there. When I was developing UI I would in constructor create & attach said object and in destructor remove it from chart

Marius Guscius:

Your best approach would be to create classes for each UI Object and just go from there. When I was developing UI I would in constructor create & attach said object and in destructor remove it from chart

Thanks @Marius Guscius for your thoughts. I appreciate it :)

Reason: