Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 8

Qingren:
there is still nothing shown in my mt4...

Assuming you followed the instructions in Post #1 (replacing the original PostTickData.mq4 with the latest from above), what is your offline chart showing? "Waiting for update?"

Also, who is your broker?

Does your MT4 display ticks in your Market Watch window?

And, what is your online chart symbol, i.e. EUR/USD or EUR/USDm, etc?

Hi guys,

I´ve installed everything but the price is not moving.

Here is my chart.

Any idea would be much appreciated

tody

Files:
tick_eurusd.gif  11 kb

tody:
Hi guys, I´ve installed everything but the price is not moving.Here is my chart.Any idea would be much appreciated tody

Are your indicators on the online chart moving?

Also, make sure you have the latest PostTickData.mq4 file from this thread (for 5 digit brokers).

To Qingren, Tody, and everyone else:

If your broker uses 5 digit pricing, make sure you use the PostTickData.mq4 file in Post #68 and read the text in that post. Desander's original PostTickData.mq4 file in Post #1 is for 4 digit price brokers only. I have asked the Mod to update Post #1 with the new file.

I've been trading quite awhile now and never came across this. Great information and I'm going to give it a shot. I'll re-post some results. Cheers

Thank you so much RJo.

PROBLEM SOLVED:

As you said, better the latest PostTickData.mq4

And: Allow DLL imports (for both indicators)

How? See below

I´m testing and so far is really good

Thanks for sharing Desander

Happy trading

Files:

Hmmm, it really looks not bad, BUT. What broker can allow such strategy at first? What deposit you use for it? (i mean amount of it). Do you think its not risky?

I try to scalp a lot of times, but its profitable for a while only. Anyway after few orders (few tens) i get losses, some time in amount of my deposit. I don't think its a good idea to trade on tick charts.

Can you dissuade me and proof your strategy with invest access to your MT4 in read only mode to be convinced of this doubtful system.

Darsaforx:
Hmmm, it really looks not bad, BUT. What broker can allow such strategy at first? What deposit you use for it? (i mean amount of it). Do you think its not risky? I try to scalp a lot of times, but its profitable for a while only. Anyway after few orders (few tens) i get losses, some time in amount of my deposit. I don't think its a good idea to trade on tick charts. Can you dissuade me and proof your strategy with invest access to your MT4 in read only mode to be convinced of this doubtful system.

Scammers and hackers are not welcome in this thread. Mod, please ban this clown.

Hi!

Thank you very much - it`s a nice trick to get a tick chart into mt4. Did anyone find a solution to auto-refresh the tick-chart? It shows what it should, but since it`s an offline-chart, I have to refresh it continuously manually. I`m sure, there must be an easy solution for that issue. ;-)

Markus

akashadiver:
Hi! Thank you very much - it`s a nice trick to get a tick chart into mt4. Did anyone find a solution to auto-refresh the tick-chart? It shows what it should, but since it`s an offline-chart, I have to refresh it continuously manually. I`m sure, there must be an easy solution for that issue. ;-) Markus

Hmm... haven't heard that one yet. Most of my offline chart scripts, indies, and EA's update in realtime, including these. Maybe it's a cpu resource issue on your pc, or your broker's datafeed quality?

Try these 2 EA's. One chart per EA, same pair obviously. Then 3rd is offline. Don't forget to put the pair suffix in the TickSave EA inputs, i.e. EURUSDm, for a mini account. Delete the rest of the symbols. I modified this Equalvolumebars_v2 for mini accounts also. Original is for standard.

Files: