Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 13

rainwood:
In the near future I don't plan to add any more built-in indicators next to the built-in MA, maybe in the long term future. The case is the same with supporting iCustom function.

OK

well, I got a question bcoz this information is lacking, in my humble opinion

how many ticks can you fetch per second ? 4 ? 5 ticks

I thought , it's every 0.2 seconds w/ MT4 platform.

regards

Kevin @ FXPIG suggests that 12 ticks per second is the max in MT4.

What I was saying earlier...

Generally, if you want to run an indicator on a tick chart, generate an offline tick chart and attach the indicators to it. This is not the same as attempting an indicator overlay within an indicator window. A tick indicator printing to an indicator window is not required to have OHLC data. In lieu, it may simply have an IndexBuffer or Object.

A few limitations regarding offline charts:

- If the signal indi references pair symbols by name, then the offline charts cannot have odd names like !EURUSD. I modded an indicator earlier in this thread for this purpose.

- If the signal indi references time, then it's signals will be distorted or dysfunctional. Time is merely relative to tick flow on offline tick charts.

- It's possible to make an offline chart generator overwrite a standard MT4 timeframe--to allow for backtesting. EURUSD,M5 for example.

OK

But your DLL is huge (I dunno what you have put inside , I thought you got the Level 2 directly from brokers

Here is an "HPF sampling" indicator attached to offline chart.

Files:
eu2.gif  21 kb

Everybody seems happy about this tick chart. I would like to feel the same but I cannot get it to work. I followed instructions, LogTickData and PostTickData are installed and showing on the M5 online chart, !TickEURUSD M5 is opened off line but does not update...

Where is the problem? Thanks for help.

hugomp:
Everybody seems happy about this tick chart. I would like to feel the same but I cannot get it to work. I followed instructions, LogTickData and PostTickData are installed and showing on the M5 online chart, !TickEURUSD M5 is opened off line but does not update...Where is the problem? Thanks for help.

Try the updated indicators in Post #66, or the EA's posted in Post #81.

Oops... wrong link. I meant Post #66, or Post #81.

I have been looking for something like this for some time. Looks good, will try it in the coming weeks... it loaded with no problems once I read everything.

Hi all,

i was looking for for a tick chart for the MT4 platform. Hopefully someone made this !

But for me it's still not working.

First of all i use the last version of MT4, so when i tried to compile i got an error. _Symbol and _Period are already defined. I fixed it by changing the name of the variable. SO now it compile.

But now i have a second error

When i drag the PostTickData to the chart

I get an error : Error on file open: TickData/EURJPY..csv, #5002

I read all the post and tried all the PostTickData version but still have a problem to install the tick chart.

It seems that the LogTickData is not creating the .csv file.

I created the TickData folder myself in the indicators folder.

But still not see any .csv file.

I suppose the error is coming from the LogTickData that is not creating the file.

Any help are more than welcome. Because i'm a bit lost with this issue.

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Maxime.

P.S. Sorry for my poor english