The London Open - page 112

Hi

Watch OIL..Could be interesting on the break of support at 85/90.

Dan

Files:
oil1812t2w.gif  20 kb

Hi

CABLE 100 pips

OIL 85 pips.

Well played to the team... Building nicely for a 500 pip day.

Cheers

Dan

Files:
oil181208.gif  18 kb

Hi all

Top student made just under 500 pips today...

I am seriously impressed with how the team is moving forward.

Well done to you all.

Dan

Well just after re-writing my Entry and Exit rules in my new journal, I saw the EURUSD M15 bouncing up off the 200ema so I thought a good time to go long again so I bought at 1.4310. The candle went to a doji - first red flag observed but didn't re-act on it. Next time I looked there is this huge red thing hanging down so got out at 1.4231, -79 pips later!

When I did my post mortem, I just couldn't believe it! Not one of my entry conditions were met and this just after re-writing the damn things! Not only that but the 20ema is holding the prices down to the 200ema!

So over to the mirror (again) and asked the idiot looking at me why I took the trade. All he could tell me was that he thought the 200ema was more powerful than anything else. I told him that from now on, no matter what he thinks, we are following our entry and exit rules as written - no exceptions. Reluctantly, he agreed.

I'll be glad when I can tame that guy in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning all

I dont have the time to write a morning report here from now on as i teach under live conditions from 7.00am. I will however be posting the trades we have taken as a group. As well as my chosen markets the group looked at GBPJPY (150pips) USDCHF (150 pips) USDJPY (40 pips) EURJPY (180pips) EURCHF (60 pips).

On my side i look at CABLE, EURGBP, EURUSD, USDCAD, AUDUSD, GOLD.

Here is an example of a few alerts you receive in the live room.

EURUSD – Looking for a short into the 4hr 20ma..The 60min 20ma is above. Wait for next trigger. EUR is stronger than GBP at mom but this really needs to pullback to the 4hr 20ma. (Made over 160 pips) I talk you through it as well...

CABLE – Looking for a short into the Weekly Pivot. The 60min 20ma is above and this should pullback and move lower. Problem is 15min 50ma. Wait for break of 1.5100 or small play into that and the 15min 50ma... (Made over 120 pips)

GOLD - Perfect short below the 60min 20ma and up 70 pips now..

We have a great team building and i cant wait until 2009. There are a huge amount of pips to be shared and its exciting what the future brings... Simple strategies make big pips....

Off for a long lunch so i am closed for the day.

Enjoy.

Dan

Files:
cable1912.gif  18 kb
eurusd1912.gif  20 kb
usdcad1912.gif  19 kb
eurgbp1912.gif  21 kb
gold1912.gif  21 kb

Hey Dan,

Been a little while since I last posted what with end of term, a trip to the Vatican and Christmas shopping. Nice trading by the way over past couple of weeks. Duly noted you have upped your pip haul!

For me I am quietly getting back in to trading after my abscence. Snaffled +37 pips on Dax yesterday mornig before embarking on the world home pool championship and hussling money from my lads!

This morning, not so bright and not so early, I grabbed EU short as it broke support at 1.4200. Entry 1.4199 closed out at 1.4125; moved my stop just a tad too close on a minor retracement but I was happy with +74 pips.

Breakfast calling and I need hydration as my head is thumping from self induced excess.

Catch you soon.

Hungover Rockie

Back on track - had the trend lines drawn under the EURUSD lows for the fall down to 1.3865. Not Rocket Science though - the H1 cross of 20 & 50 gave it away!

Looking like more retraces up to the M15 20 & 50 to sell.

If only it was always this simple - oh well, back to the Black and Red liquids

Hi Dan, hi all

I just wanted to wish you all the most wonderful and very Happy Christmas and continued success with your trading next year.

As always a massive, humungous thank you to Dan for a life changing 8 months. I hooked on to you on page 5 and haven't let go since (hee hee, that's Dan's face, sorry Dan!), but it was back in May when I read your first post on another forum and realised I had at long last found my trading mentor.

The learning curve has been long and steep for me and there has been frustration and elation but you have never given up on me and everything I have learnt from you has finally clicked and fallen into place these last couple of months. I just love your strategy, your method of teaching and my beautiful charts (hmmm, therapy required?). I do though.

The Live Room is truly excellent, my life line, and the whole Monkey Team are just the best, most delicious, dashingly handsome and genuine guys you could ever hope to meet.

I so look forward to continuing my journey with you all next year and long for the day I can make the transition from rat race to full-time trader.

From my heart I thank you again Dan, you are the best. Now, where's that mistletoe...

RS

XXXXXXX

Hi Stratocaster

I'm very much enjoying your posts! Thanks and please keep posting.

Best wishes for Christmas to you and the man in the mirror.

RS

PS Ok, I'm off to play monopoly somewhere else.

Bye

Hey Rolling Stone,

Just like Dan, the guy in the mirror really likes your Ativar, Aviator - your picture thingy. No Limp Lettuce Leaf for him he says and he would love to try your mince pies and pour custard on your Christmas pudding! I had to tell him to get a grip of himself and that if the wife catches him with his stick of celery she will kick him in his tomatoes! That made him blush and then he mumbled something about me not being any fun anymore.

This mirror guy causes me all sorts of problems! I think it has something to do with my being a Gemini.

Merry Crimble and Happy New Beer!